Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this beauty at the auction for a little under 2k. It’s a 2011 hybrid TSI with 110k miles.

The driveshaft has been removed for tow-ability so I’ll need to source mount bolts. The whole oil pan is out and all the fluids drained, wires unplugged. I’ll have to put everything back together and find a new pan, etc. the oil pan has about 5 broken bolts I’ll need to tap.

No idea if it cranks over or not but I still think it’s a steal either way. I’ll keep everyone updated on the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
View attachment 233966 View attachment 233967

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the 10 broken oil pan bolts out finally! Put some new gasket on and popped the new one in with replacement bolts from the stealership. Had to also get new bolts for the oil cooler and only my local Audi dealership had them.

Will fill her up with all the fluids tomorrow (that’s what he said) and try cranking her over. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good luck! I hope you get it running. Do you know the back story on why you received the car in the condition it was in?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope! The previous car dealership that sold it in auction didn’t want to comment on the issues even though the auction explicitly protects them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got all the fluids filled and plugged in a new battery. It keeps popping out the key when I attempt to try to start it. It got dark so I stopped working on it but I want to check the connectors on the starter tomorrow but can’t find it for the life of me.

Anyone know where the starter for this thing is? Can’t find it looking under, or over the engine bay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I found it, it’s under the transmission. Trying to figure out why the key just clicks and disengages when I try to start it.

I’ll check all the connectors again to make sure I didn’t miss anything tomorrow..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still can’t get to the starter from under the car.

I did some digging and found the previous owners name. I looked them up on FB and reached out. Apparently the car stopped working one day and when he brought it into the shop they told him it was seized.

But don’t you have to remove the upper oil pan to see that? How would the stealership know?

More updates to come..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been working on my other cars but this will be the first thing I check when I start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts