Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
If this is really important to you - find a performance driving school that has experts in defensive driving. That should help.

Also remember, the TOUAREG is equipped with all of the latest fancy-shmancy technology to do everything possible to avoid rollovers (which I'm assuming you're concerned about because of the alarmist media in this country).

The TOUAREG's wide track and, as I call them, NANNY FEATURES are a great combination which will keep you (for the most part) from getting into more trouble than you can handle.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The Touareg, aside from the Cayenne, is the most carlike SUV I have ever driven. I don't think you will need any special training. Just take your time backing in and out of garages and parking spots before you become familiar with the increased size. Good luck.

Here is a webpage with some links that might help you:

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/coursestraining/index_a.htm

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd like to learn how to use all of the diff locks and and ESP to their potential, but have come up dry from VW here in the States.

Porsche offers a megabuck course for the Cayenne. Over $3K without airfare , lodging or food.

VW of Germany offers courses for the Touareg for under 400 Euros. Go to their german website (www.volkswagen.de) and click on "Volkswagen Experience" The site lets you choose English, if necessary. The cost to fly to the class, stay, and eat is still less than the Porsche scam.

VW of Germany also offered a tour/class trip from Germany to Moab, Utah this past year. Perhaps they will repeat for 2005. Saves on airfare. You might be able to drive your own for further savings.

Note: When it is working, Google.com will translate text and websites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.