Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was testing the the hi/low settings with the locking diffs and got this to appear in the dash. i was told it was a glow plug error or not working... funny it only appears when i'm in low gear... any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It finally did it while driving, i had no codes , except for the engine fan, which will be fixed, it works but theres a glitch because of wires not sealed well from humidity.

Its going in monday i'll reveal the results surely tuesday.:)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Never test or use your diff locks on hard surfaces, only use them on snow, ice, gravel, grass, sand, mud or any loose/slippery surface where the wheels can slip to avoid transmission wind up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right, i did my test on about 100' in a straight line.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your right, i did my test on about 100' in a straight line.:)
Did you do your test on a tarmac surface? Or was it on gravel, sand or other less grippy surface? The straight line is going to help reduce driveline windup compared with turning, but wont eliminate it.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
A straight line is fine. And remember, you won't have as much drivetrain binding if you keep the differentials unlocked.

I stick mine into low range every now and then to keep the mechanism from sticking. I also actuate the lockers, too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a huge lost of power on the highway and wont downshift. We think it could be the wires under the front seats... I'm having the suspension recalibrated because the front driver strut is shorter than the others by an inch when riding. I had the pf removed and malone chipped, could that cause heavy black smoke? The tailgate is covered in black spots....mostly from the left exhaust(drivers side).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally came back! And it was a seal close to the turbo,I was loosing pressure and that's wha to cause all this.... now WOW!! With a stage 2 Malone and dpf, this thing is a rocket! Wet surface at stop sign floored it and with a rear squat front end spinning and moved 6" side ways It launched like I never felt in any car Cayenne turbo you whatch it... I'm coming to get you>:)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C'mon man dont break my bubble:)))
Yes i'm aware of it
Presently i'm encountering a small vibration over 100km/h , a pulse type of vibration. When i hit expansion joints on bridges at highway speed it's more present, it comes and goes...
were waiting to change the tires but i'm suspecting something else since we balanced again all the tires.

I drove lots of cars and in my humble opinion this by far the best suv /car i've driven!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Newfinish,
Congrats on the V10 mate. How's the big girl going?
I was just wondering: Did you do the chip upgrade? How many Km's etc?
& I agree, they're the best cars I've ever driven too!
Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi thx!I have 185,000 km
And had the Malone tuning with the dpf done also.
And on wet tarmac I had all 4 wheels spin for a good 6 inches! Even the front slightly moved to the left during take off! Now she's getting repaired for an electrical problem,the batteries discharge while driving not when parked. The garage told me he found the problem , but could only fix it on Monday...:( but he left me a CC 2012 R as a loaner:) I'll more info later on what caused this trouble.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally found the problem ! . It was the alternator wire it was cooked and wide open so all the small wires were not touching each other so it wasnt charging well it was putting out roughly 11.5volts and hardly any amps ... changed my wheels and tires, but stilll have a little vibration on highway acceleration , just slightly pressing the gas and i can feel it mostly around 65-70 mph. Could the vibration be absorbed a bit by the tires since the're taller?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Finally found the problem ! . It was the alternator wire it was cooked and wide open so all the small wires were not touching each other so it wasnt charging well it was putting out roughly 11.5volts and hardly any amps ... changed my wheels and tires, but stilll have a little vibration on highway acceleration , just slightly pressing the gas and i can feel it mostly around 65-70 mph. Could the vibration be absorbed a bit by the tires since the're taller?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Lol, all that flex.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts