Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
AC on is to prevent the windows from fogging removing the moisture. No idea on the other stuff.
Thanks Yeti. So this is default design for the Air to automatically be turned on every single start?

I live in high temps DC area and not usual for fogged or cold conditions. Plus we park in a parking garage daily.

Will VCDS adjust this behavior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Set the distribution to vents or floor and not to anything that includes defrost and the A/C shouldn't turn on automatically.

If you have VCDS you should be able to diagnose what is causing the fault on your display.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Set the distribution to vents or floor and not to anything that includes defrost and the A/C shouldn't turn on automatically.

If you have VCDS you should be able to diagnose what is causing the fault on your display.
Vents is all I ever use as I'm only using A/C. According to Yeti, apparently it's working as intended so I guess A/C must always come on when car is started. What does one do when it's Winter, lol. I'll figure that part out later I guess.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Comes on in the winter with defrost to do as I said above. How mine works and it does a pretty good job.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Comes on in the winter with defrost to do as I said above. How mine works and it does a pretty good job.
Hmm, even more interesting. Instead of being an annoyance, maybe I should appreciate the "tech" behind it? I'll leave it alone then, not a big deal.

Thanks Yeti!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm taking my truck back to local shop (non VW) to have another look at my alignment. They completed a 4 Wheel Alignment two weeks ago and it's still not straight. Is there special equipment that only the dealer has for Touaregs with Air Suspension? Or should it be just like any other standard 4 Wheel Alignment?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Find someone with Hunter 4 wheel laser alignment equipment.
My shop just had a new alignment rack installed last week. Redid the alignment and all is well now. Thank you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Anyone have any idea as to why my passenger side footwell floor carpet is wet? My VW Tech for now without having looked into it just yet, said it's probably water leaking underneath the floor through sunroof drains or the plastic molding at the very bottom of the windshield.

Is this a common problem with others who have T2 Touaregs in these forums or is mine an isolated incident? I've attached pictures...and yes I know I need to desperately clean out the area underneath that plastic cover over the ECM Module. Just discovered all that debris today. Perhaps investigating this water leak incident can be a blessing in disguise and allowed me to find this mess over the ECM.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Clean the drain and monitor the wetness. All you should need to do. Search for sunroof drain cleaning for Touareg. Should find a video on it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I believe there's also a known problem HVAC condensate drain low on the firewall engine side around that area which has caused problems for others in the past....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Clean the drain and monitor the wetness. All you should need to do. Search for sunroof drain cleaning for Touareg. Should find a video on it.
The tech found that all the drain tubes were extremely clogged and loaded with lots of debris. We cleaned them out and ran water for about an hour above the sunroof and looks like the leak has stopped. I'll drive it for a few weeks and see if that floorboard gets wet again after any rain storms we get or car washes I get.

I believe there's also a known problem HVAC condensate drain low on the firewall engine side around that area which has caused problems for others in the past....
Thank you sir, I think he checked this area and mentioned no issues at this time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So I finally figured out the culprit of this annoying "B-Pillar" sound which actually has nothing to do with the B-Pillar :mad: I have a link below to my Youtube video. Please check it out if you can and if you have any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2010 Touareg Driver Side Creaking Sound

21 - 34 of 34 Posts