Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. Took delivery of my first treg last week. '08 T2 V8 with 59k. Bought it to replace my Passat W8. Decided on a Touareg because it was similar to the W8 with tools, looks, and should be more reliable (The W8 has 2 known major issue occuring every 60k). I also wanted a vehicle that could tow 5000+lbs (racecar) that wasn't a truck. Originally wanted to get a 07 T1 V8, but had a hard time finding them with low miles in the color combo I wanted (white exterior with black or tan interior). Did quite a bit of research, the buying guide was helpful, and my choice looks pretty good so far

Immediately added my personal touches to the car, which looks nearly identical to the Passat. Next is to change all the fluids. Then I need to find an oem towing setup.

Here's some pictures

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Congratulations, nice looking Touareg. Identical to mine :)

What kind of options does it have?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
didnt know we had left hand drive in Western Australia !!!!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The W8 has 2 known major issue occuring every 60k.

:joy: So does the Touareg!!

You're on the mileage for a new drive shaft and in about 20K look out for the valve chest problem.

Things like duff Kessy modules, leaking sunroofs, random electrical problems and so on are all to come [maybe].

But then again, you read the buying guide so we'll keep our fingers crossed for you and hope you enjoy your new motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.