Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself to the site. I own a 2004 V8, and of course...I have issues with it. I don't know what was worse, switching from Land Rover to Touareg. Any way, I do have to say this...the Touareg has a great deal of more power and the interior lighting is more superior.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome, curious though...not sure what you were expecting from a basically high content introduction year 12 year old vehicle with assuming 100k plus miles on it. I would agree, of course you will have some issues with it. The 2004 was the first year for the car and mine had issues too...some 12 years ago before I traded it for an 05 which was a much better car.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome. If you haven't invested in one yet, recommend you purchase a VAG COM so you can self-diagnose many issues.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Key thing on an early V8:

Has the timing belt been replaced along with the tensioners, water pump and thermostat in the last 5 years or 80,000 miles?

If it breaks the engine is toast.

Next up: fresh ATF in the gearbox, transfer box oil and diff oil plus, if not done in the last two years, brake fluid.

Do read the buying a used Touareg thread - link in my signature - if you haven't done so already. Informative and money saving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts