Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all from Australia. Just bought a second hand 2014 Touareg with 18K on the clock. (Had a Tiguan before)
Wanting to be able to swap between the 20" rims and 17 or 18" steel rims for off road and was going to put Cooper At3's on it.
Looks like you guys like Hankook AT-m so I'll be looking into them.
Anything I should be aware of in going to steels?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No one has found steelies for the Touareg at sensible money.

Buy a used set of 17s or 18s off VW, Audi or Porsche owners who want 20s or 22s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have found out the hard way. Been to a couple of tyre places and they cannot help me with tyres either. :( Not happy Jan!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have found out the hard way. Been to a couple of tyre places and they cannot help me with tyres either. :( Not happy Jan!!
Depending on wheel size there are plenty of tyre choices (except for 19" which are very limited & expensive). Do a search on here and sit back and read for an afternoon. :wink2:soon you will be Happy Jan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your reply. Its because the rims are 20". Looks like I have to get 17 or18" to have a good choice of tyres without going into oversize profiles and hence un-roadworthy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts