Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I test drove a '16 Lux today and was thoroughly impressed. We started talking numbers and the best the dealer would do is $500 over invoice. However, I've read about numerous folks getting up to $7,000 off MSRP. Any of those people here? I declined the sale today and told the dealer that I didn't think the price was right. He seemed to think that was the best deal I would get.

I do have a Jetta TDI to trade, so I would be getting the $2,000 owner loyalty bonus, which is part of the $7,000 off MSRP that I've been reading about.

·
Registered
327 Posts
$7000 off MSRP seems a lot... given the difference in invoice and MSRP on a TDI Lux is only ~$3000... and the Jetta TDI isn't going to be worth a whole lot since the VW dealer may not be able to resell it at the moment. Maybe if it the was an end of model year you might get something below invoice but the latest model I would be surprised.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up buying a TDI Lux with DA package and tow hitch....and it was for $7,677 under MSRP. Couldn't be happier.

I did sell the Jetta TDI I had Private Party, so it was a straight purchase with no trade involved.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Nice one - told you $7K, didn't I? And you did even better!!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
There are two or three here who have bought a '16 Lux TDI for around $53k. It is possible.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
That's good to hear. Our final price was $51,368.
Nice work! There is a member (forgot screen name) who did not believe the low prices. Instead, he rambled about he was in the car business for years, etc. and knew how the numbers worked. His logic and knowledge were spot-on.

Of course, he wheeled and dealed to get his 2015 Exec TDI over the summer and bragged about it. Maybe that's why he was a little edgy that the 2016s were discounted so early.

He completely forgot to factor in diesel gate and how it has skewed the market. Given this, logic and prior knowledge of the numbers does not apply.

These are some strange times. Great deals to be had. Even I am tempted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ended up buying a TDI Lux with DA package and tow hitch....and it was for $7,677 under MSRP. Couldn't be happier.

I did sell the Jetta TDI I had Private Party, so it was a straight purchase with no trade involved.
Well atleast you are happy with your our purchase let see some post and congrats by the way.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally had her delivered. A little dirty since the driver encountered a storm. All is well and I love it so far. More pics when I have it cleaned up.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Canyon Gray...awesome.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Is that the same as Canyon Grey?:D

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Yep. Great colour! :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 2016 TDI Lux in early Oct that was MSRP'd for $56.6k. Paid $50k. Reef blue with tow hitch, roof racks, blind spot monitoring. Freaking kick ass looking vehicle! Now feel like I may have been able to negotiate an even better deal, but I'm still over the moon about this Touareg (my second...).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts