Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Treg owner and to keep it simple "I LOVE THIS FRIKKIN' CAR!!" However, I'm running into a few little problems. I've read a bunch of posts on this website and I'm comparing a few issues that I have and I have a question or two.

1. My Treg seems to 'stutter' as is downshifts in the lower gears when I lay off the gas. I see there is a TSB for it. Is this a foolproof fix?

2. When the cars air suspension is all the way up it doesn't come down unless it's driven a few feet. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

3. I'm bring my car info service because my cigarette lighter in the console isn't working and I want the tech to update all the 'TSBs'. What's a TSB? I've seen that they do a few things here and there but can someone break it down for me?

4. Is there anything else I should have the VW service tech check out, update, etc?

Any help \ advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jim 'BigIrish'

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome to the Club.

1. Yes. Have the dealer update the transmission control module and the downshifting will be much smoother. This TSB is a must in my mind. I am not sure if it will fix your stuttering, but it will improve shifting performance. Perhaps they go hand in hand in your situation.

2. Not sure why it would come down only by driving? Did you try moving the air level knob back to the left (normal level)?

Just so you know, there is a speed limit on the air suspension X-tra level. It is supposed to only be used when you are off-roading at slow speeds and you need to get over an obstacle. I am not sure what the speed limit is but I think it is around 10 MPH. The xtra-level can be locked in by holding the jack button nearby but is not recommended for driving, only to lock the suspension when jacking the car up.

3. TSB= Technical Service Bulletin, basically VW admits there is an issue and they have instructions for the dealer on how to fix the problem.

4. Read this FAQ it might help you: http://homepage.mac.com/jsewell/

Here is a list of the current TSB along with posted PDFs that you can print out and show the dealer: http://forums.clubtouareg.com/ftopic1345.html

By the way you should add your location to your profile so we know what part of the world you are in and what dealer you are working with. Also what model of Touareg that you have. Air/V6/V8/V10 etc.

Good luck. I think you will really enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
11 Posts
check your alignment, all electrical, be aware of warning messages, etc. I wish you luck. I've had mine since 9/26/04 and it was been in the shop several times, this time it has been there 15 days, and there is no telling when I will get it back! I am trying to just have Volkswagen buy it back . I will get an X-5 or a Lexus instead!
Too many headaches, and what will happen once the warranty runs out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.