Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 V6 Touareg
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I hope you are well. Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and ask a small question as I have a chance :)

I own a 2013 V6 TDI Touareg for almost 2 years and could not be happier about the car (Minor issues here and there - like with other cars).

However, I have noticed one weird thing... My dash on the driver side sits higher than the door trim, compared on the passenger side (on the passenger side they are even). Please refer to the photo. I don't know if I am imagining things or it should not be like this?:) Will fully rely on the wisdom of the community :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,081 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums.
I will have to check and see if this is the case with my '11, although my drivers side is... on the other side.
Maybe post up a pic of the other side(passenger) so we can see the difference.

Reactions: Satellite

·
Registered
2013 V6 Touareg
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello and welcome to the forums.
I will have to check and see if this is the case with my '11, although my drivers side is... on the other side.
Maybe post up a pic of the other side(passenger) so we can see the difference.
Hi New2Tregs!

Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for looking into this.

I have taken additional pictures using my lighter as a proxy to show the difference between the alignment.
Hope this provides a better context.

·
Learner
5,353 Posts
Hi, welcome. There's a difference alright, seems like the dash might have been removed and reinstalled.
Why you may wonder? Could be several reasons, but one common one is failure of air vent motors - for some of these suckers the dash has to come out.

You can diy and remove, reinstall it or pay dealer around 8hrs labour to have it all even (hopefully)

·
Registered
2013 V6 Touareg
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, welcome. There's a difference alright, seems like the dash might have been removed and reinstalled.
Why you may wonder? Could be several reasons, but one common one is failure of air vent motors - for some of these suckers the dash has to come out.

You can diy and remove, reinstall it or pay dealer around 8hrs labour to have it all even (hopefully)
Hi Singh! Thank you so much. I had the thought about previous owner removing the dash, but could not prove it :) are there DIY manuals on this one? I have checked a lot of topics on the forum, could not find anything... Looks like a pretty sophisticated job with difficulty level 'hard' haha:)

·
Learner
5,353 Posts
Hi Singh! Thank you so much. I had the thought about previous owner removing the dash, but could not prove it :) are there DIY manuals on this one? I have checked a lot of topics on the forum, could not find anything... Looks like a pretty sophisticated job with difficulty level 'hard' haha:)
Depends upon your dexterity and interest....I would say it's not too hard but you will need time and patience.
There are manuals posted here on the forum but if you are really keen then pm your email

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Agree, can of worms and all that plus you don't know if after all of that effort you will fix it:unsure:.

TonyB

·
Registered
2013 V6 Touareg
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Tommi and Tony,

Yeah, it seems like a lot of things to do with no guarantee that it will be fixed at all...

I was hoping that it can be an easy fix like door alignment maybe, but dash looks like a more serious problem...
I don't have any rattles, but when it is a hot day, I can hear like 1 or two cracks (under the windshield, where the dash speaker is) when the car just warms up. That makes me think that there is some kind of tension somewhere in the dash... I did not pay too much attention to this as I used to live in a cold climate and when it was cold... All plastics in all cars squeak and rattle haha :)

Thanks for your input!

Cheers

·
Registered
2013 V6 Touareg
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends upon your dexterity and interest....I would say it's not too hard but you will need time and patience.
There are manuals posted here on the forum but if you are really keen then pm your email
I have found the VW manual on the forum, showing how to remove the dash, it is a very long process and I guess I will cause more damage doing that:) Maybe there is a workaround in removing some of the trim on the driver side to check if everything is connected right only there, but it is only a speculation at this stage...

·
Registered
Touareg 7L V6 TDI
2 Posts
IMO you really need to consider how much it's bothering you. I can understand that if you keep noticing it then you're going to have to do something about it. Otherwise it'll drive you mad. Other than that, its not actually an issue right?

·
Learner
5,353 Posts
Hi Tommi and Tony,

Yeah, it seems like a lot of things to do with no guarantee that it will be fixed at all...

I was hoping that it can be an easy fix like door alignment maybe, but dash looks like a more serious problem...
I don't have any rattles, but when it is a hot day, I can hear like 1 or two cracks (under the windshield, where the dash speaker is) when the car just warms up. That makes me think that there is some kind of tension somewhere in the dash... I did not pay too much attention to this as I used to live in a cold climate and when it was cold... All plastics in all cars squeak and rattle haha :)

Thanks for your input!

Cheers
That could be the indirect vent motor about to die...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts