Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of research and weeks of diligent searching, I ended up buying the first truck I saw...not the first one I *tried* to buy, but the first one that I saw.

Total of two Unicorns (V6 TDI 4CAir) on the market last week...one at a highline dealer who didn't know what he had, and underpriced it accordingly. Missed it by an hour.

Which turned out to be good. The other truck was offered by Pilot, a fellow forum member. His very sweet truck wasn't actively on the market, yet we managed to come to a more than satisfactory agreement for both. :)

I spent some time with him yesterday...great guy...then we exchanged some papers and cash and wheels and keys and turkish coffee and handshakes and I drove my new Touareg back to Boston!

Pics to follow!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Congrats! Awesome ride im sure!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Congrats again Lee, welcome to the end-of-the-originals-unicorn-club ;)

Reactions: lml999

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turkish coffee. I approve.

Congrats on the new rig. Aside from the wheels, sounds like we're twins.
I'm a wheel guy...but the 20" wheels are too big for my wife (she hunts potholes), so we switched to 19s. I just ordered a set of 18" Cayenne wheels for winter use.

BTW, check my second vehicle. We are twins there too. :)

Bikes include - Colnago, Merlin, LiteSpeed, Fat Chance, Hot Tubes!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! Sounds like an amazing find, cant wait to see the pictures.
Took a couple of initial pics...better ones to follow!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts