Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Pleased to find this community. I live in Brisbane, Australia and have a 2013 V6 TDI 4XMOTION with air suspension. Seriously the perfect car for our one car family living in a super urban part of Brissie (the Gabba) but getting out for adventures every few weeks. We've had the Treg for a bit less than a year but have already taken it to Moreton Island twice, all the way in to Burrows waterhole in Sundown NP, and out west to the channel country. Used to have a Landie FJ73 mid-wheel base, and the Treg is better than it was off road. Stumbled on this community because was looking for a bash plate. I gather there are a couple of members making them in Aus. Still the case? Best. Eddie

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome aboard Eddie,
Re your bash plate question, try this link: Bash Plate.
These are manufactured by dragline1570 (aka Mark).
I don't think the forum allows you to send a PM to him until you have made 5 posts from memory. He does pop up here pretty regularly.
There's a pretty active Aussie contingent on here and we have have some great trips already in our Treg.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks GazzaK. That's a great threat, and neat looking bit of kit Dragline is making. Guess I'll have to get my posts up! Cheers. Eddie

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome Eddie, I'm new here too & I'm pretty sure it was 15 posts before I could PM. The people on here are really friendly & knowledgeable. Best forum I've experienced by a mile.
Happy motoring! Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome all. What an excellent community. Makes me even more excited to keep the Treg adventures coming. Have added a pic of the Treg all loaded up in Sundown NP. Put a pioneer platform on the rook so I could carry a spare up there, and some jerry cans of water. Cheers. E

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome! T3 V6 TDI 4XMotion Air Susp?! Wish it was available in NA. Looking forward to hearing about it's adventures.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome, Eddie. How is Brisbane? It looks beautiful in pictures. When I saw the title of this thread, I looked at Brisbane on a map to see where Australia is. I have never been to Australia, but it sounds like an amazing place to take a ride in your Treg. I live in a part of the Midwest where you can drive a straight line for many miles and see very little change of scenery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's certainly plenty of great places to get off-road near Brisbane. And the city itself gets better every year. It's became a pretty damn civilized place to live these days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome! T3 V6 TDI 4XMotion Air Susp?! Wish it was available in NA. Looking forward to hearing about it's adventures.
They stopped bringing this model into Aus at the end of 2013. Real shame because it's hugely capable off-road. Guess there just wasn't enough demand. I had to search for a while to find one on the 2nd hand market.

I'll be sure to share its travels. Have already learned a lot of helpful stuff from this forum. What a great resource.

·
Registered
576 Posts
They stopped bringing this model into Aus at the end of 2013.
One of the members here who lives up your way has a 2014 4xMotion. I think it would have to be about the last one brought into Aust. He got it from Canberra.
Real shame they aren't made anymore and I can certainly vouch for the capability of the 4xMotion.
I still remember getting to the top of Billy Goat Bluff track in the VIC High country this time last year and a couple of blokes at the top waiting for us in Toyota's about to head down saying "Mate, I couldn't believe it. I looked down and saw a [email protected]' VW comin' up the hill".
Not my video btw. Just grabbed it off utube.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You guys are making Australia's off-road adventures sound like more and more fun. I would love to see Australia's plant and animal species up close. This might be a silly question from across the pond, but do saltwater crocodiles swim as far south as Brisbane?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good question. Not yet...but they're starting to see them as close as a 200kms north of Brisbane. Still only the odd one coming that far south though, generally their range is considered to be a bit further north, largely in the tropics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts