Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 v6 TDI (BKS)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
quite new to the forum, but I can already see it is quite a good community here.
Helpful and knowledgeable members!
Greetings from Perth WA
Tom

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,605 Posts
Hi Tom,
Welcome. Tell us about your Touareg ;)

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Do take the time to read this thread if you haven't seen it. Loads of useful info:

·
Registered
2007 v6 TDI (BKS)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @TommiT , I'll look into it! Although I already bought the car, so a little too late 😀

It's a 2007 build facelift black 3.0tdi. 205kkm on the clock. I bough it few months back as 'repairable write off'; it had a crash with a wildlife.
After repairs and rego I concentrated on fixing stuff. I had some issues with coolant leaks (the heater core pipes) and suspension overall wear.
Now it 99% all fixed, I did the dpf, egr, flaps delete (Triggs Garage Perth) and started preping it for some light 4x4 action.
I installed the dual battery system, fridge, AT tyres and LED bar. Now I'm awaiting the 40mm lift kit to arrive. Next step will be a snorkel.

Overall very happy with the car! I didn't plan to buy one, but it popped up and I pulled the trigger. I used to be a Euro car mechanic, so I do all stuff myself.
We sold my missus 2019 Rav4 (what a plastic ****box) and she drives the Treg now. I want to use it as a 80% onroad / 20% camping trips rig and I think it will stay with us for long.

·
Registered
2008, Touareg R50 (~160km) - working on rear wheel carrier, winch and driving lights.
57 Posts
Thanks @TommiT , I'll look into it! Although I already bought the car, so a little too late 😀

It's a 2007 build facelift black 3.0tdi. 205kkm on the clock. I bough it few months back as 'repairable write off'; it had a crash with a wildlife.
After repairs and rego I concentrated on fixing stuff. I had some issues with coolant leaks (the heater core pipes) and suspension overall wear.
Now it 99% all fixed, I did the dpf, egr, flaps delete (Triggs Garage Perth) and started preping it for some light 4x4 action.
I installed the dual battery system, fridge, AT tyres and LED bar. Now I'm awaiting the 40mm lift kit to arrive. Next step will be a snorkel.

Overall very happy with the car! I didn't plan to buy one, but it popped up and I pulled the trigger. I used to be a Euro car mechanic, so I do all stuff myself.
We sold my missus 2019 Rav4 (what a plastic ****box) and she drives the Treg now. I want to use it as a 80% onroad / 20% camping trips rig and I think it will stay with us for long.
Oh cool - a Euro car mechanic. We could all do with one of them handy nearby!

But seriously, welcome. I know the border's closed, but SA isn't so far away and WA destinations are in my view for my Treg trips.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum, another WA Touareg in the community... all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts