Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm Jesper and I bought my first Touareg a few months ago. I'm originally from Belgium and on a Working Holiday Visa in Australia.

I'm a BMW Diagnostic Tech, but bought a Touareg because of its superior off road capabilities compared to the X5. I must say I'm very impressed with it, and it's so much better in every way than de Mitsubishi Delica I travelled with before.

So about the car, it's a 2005 3.2 V6 Automatic with 185k km on the clock. Just drove it for 6500 km from Perth to Darwin, with quite a bit of dirt roads, 4wd tracks and beaches, and it hasn't missed a beat.

I installed a dual battery system to run my Waeco fridge and lights/chargers, and put a rooftop tent on top.

My plans are to lift the car, get some decent off road tyres, skid plates, a low profile roof rack and maybe a winch.

Some pictures

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome.
There are a lot to learn here on the club, you will enjoy a lot more your Touareg if you read the treads believe me.

Nice Touareg by the way and cool pictures.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,017 Posts
Welcome Jasper, nice setup.
How's the fuel economy with the 3.2L V6?

I have the same motor in my R32 ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nice setup mate. Welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

How's the fuel economy with the 3.2L V6?

Fuel economy is ok, averaged about 14L/100 km from Darwin to Perth, mostly cruising at 110km/h. Not bad with the rooftop tent, 2 people and about 400kg of gear.

I bet it's a very fun engine in a Golf :)

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,017 Posts
it's a very 'linear acceleration' experience in the Golf especially with the AWD system.

Gets a little nose heavy when pushed hard thru the hills, but overall, a fantastic touring speedster.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Hello Jesper, Welcome to the Forum, alway good to have another Aussie onboard.

Looks like you are another Sandgroper, or at least an ex-sandgroper, who has moved North.

I like the roof tent, care to share some details on it?

Stuart....

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
That must look strange, and In-line engine in a Golf. I knew Shannons were big into modified cars, but that must take the cake!

Bow DownBow Down (TIC)

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,017 Posts
That must look strange, and In-line engine in a Golf. I knew Shannons were big into modified cars, but that must take the cake!

Bow DownBow Down (TIC)
ah no. He has a 3.2Lt V6. No inline shenanigans here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts