Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My name is John and I've bought a 2007 Touareg V6 with the profit I made from someone else's dream. (I build swimming pools for a living)

It's Campanella White w/Anthracite Gray interior with 83k on the clock and it's a super clean southwest Texas vehicle. The original owner bought Package 1 and the 19" alloys and low profile tires. So it looks more like a poor man's Cayenne. I'm betting this whip has never seen a snowflake.

Only known issue that I got in the short time I've had it is the bi-xenon headlight "shine a light on the corner as you turn" feature is throwing up a fault. Works on the right, not so much on the left. I guess that's what BtoB warranties are for.

But I've always wanted a Touareg, so now I've got one.

First planned mod is a new head unit. Need BT and CD/DVD player at a minimum and hopefully one that will display Waze thru apple play would be great if such a thing existed. I have no idea what the tech is nowadays.

Then some Weather Tech mats all around.

The luggage cover was missing, so one of those off eBay will do. Seen a couple of VW ones for sale. (Maybe one of them is the one I'm missing)

What ever was behind Door No 1, with the red triangle is missing, so I'll need that.

A hitch receiver for my Yakima bicycle hitch rack would be nice. Whats best, the VW unit or aftermarket?

Im sure i'll think of more things to buy...

So far very happy with my purchase.

I used to own a Porsche 928, so I am familiar the with cheap to buy, expensive to own concept. I currently have 2 other VW's, an '06 Jetta TDI sedan (the fully loaded one) and an '04 Passat Wagon purchased recently with ridiculous low miles and clean as a whistle. The Jetta has 295,000 miles on it and it's getting sold or dragged to a wrecking yard soon. Still runs OK, but the list of things it needs far exceeds the value of keeping it going. Would make a good parts car or a base for a TDI Cup racer for someone who wants a project.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

It would appear I jumped the gun a little early. I had to take that beautiful white 07 back to the place I bought it and I got full refund on my deposit.

I now have a 2008 T2 V6 base in Cranberry with dark gray, not leather, interior. Very clean ride. 78k miles. Needs a cosmetic part here and there, but hey, its a 9 year old car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.