Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 04' Golf has been a great car over the years, but it was time to upgrade to something with some more room, and something that was more suited for rough trails (we do a lot of outdoor activities in the wilderness).

My wife (being German) really wanted to stay with VW, and really wanted a Touareg. I did lots of research, and for the price...this 2010 V6 Touareg we found looked like a really good deal.

I've got a MINI, and the support you can find on the web forums is awesome.....so it's great that there is a Touareg site that I can go to with questions also.

Drove about 3 hours to get it.....it got 19mpg on the way home (calculated, not going by the dash display). I'm wondering if it would get a little better without the roof rack bars.

Here are a few pictures.....my wife is excited beyond belief. I'm hoping this will be as good as a vehicle as her Golf has been for us.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
My wife's 04' Golf has been a great car over the years, but it was time to upgrade to something with some more room, and something that was more suited for rough trails (we do a lot of outdoor activities in the wilderness).

My wife (being German) really wanted to stay with VW, and really wanted a Touareg. I did lots of research, and for the price...this 2010 V6 Touareg we found looked like a really good deal.

I've got a MINI, and the support you can find on the web forums is awesome.....so it's great that there is a Touareg site that I can go to with questions also.

Drove about 3 hours to get it.....it got 19mpg on the way home (calculated, not going by the dash display). I'm wondering if it would get a little better without the roof rack bars.

Here are a few pictures.....my wife is excited beyond belief. I'm hoping this will be as good as a vehicle as her Golf has been for us.
Congratulations on your/your wife's new ride and welcome to CT.

Do a seach and make sure you read Noobytoogy's well researched and highly acclaimed list on things to know about your Touareg found in his signature.

·
Registered
78 Posts
looks great, I have a 2010 as well. I normally leave my roof racks off until I need them, mostly because they make a lot of noise with the sunroof open.

Welcome aboard.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Nice to see another member of the Silver Club ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great, I have a 2010 as well. I normally leave my roof racks off until I need them, mostly because they make a lot of noise with the sunroof open.

Welcome aboard.

I was wondering about fuel mileage? I know that I can get 1-2 MPG better on the highway during long road trips if I take the rock bars off of my wifes Golf. Is the Touareg the same way....or do they just add a little noise?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was wondering about fuel mileage? I know that I can get 1-2 MPG better on the highway during long road trips if I take the rock bars off of my wifes Golf. Is the Touareg the same way....or do they just add a little noise?
Rock bars? Those must be heavy. Do they rattle?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts