Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found my 'dream vehicle' to replace my daily driver ('89 Jag XJ),my gun show van,cargo van and a 4-wheel-drive winter car. Only other choices were the Audi Q-7 and the Porche SUV. Had only 89K miles....3rd owner.

Only regret is the lack of knowledge available at the local VW dealer and cost of maintaining it. Tried to get an oil/filter/fuel filter change...over $400.00 !!! And when I took it in...got a call 2-hr later saying they could not do it because they did not have the filters and would have to order them. Purchased items locally and did it myself,thanks to you-tube and hours of searching.

Would like to copy/borrow a CD manual to print out a hard copy and would provide another hard copy to the lender for their use. Please advise/contact thru site or call...my dime....800 380-4867...9-5:30 (EDT)....Len

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Great car the V10, but the engine can be pricey to fix.

If you haven't already read the buying a used Touareg thread, do take time to do so. The link is in my signature below.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
982 Posts
Great choice. I have an 08 V10 also and enjoy the later model upgrades. Kinda miss some of the touches that are on my 2004 V10 though...

I've owned three different V10's over the past seven years and have enjoyed them immensely to the point that over the past four years I've owned two at the same time. First two 2004's then sold one of the 2004's and found a 2008 in the color I was looking for a few months ago.

I had to do a bit of checking but was lucky to find a dealer with a great tech that had been with the dealer for many years and had a few customer V10's he serviced regularly.

I have the CD but it is not in the format that lends to printing. Wish it was as I like car manuels in book form also.

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Finally found my 'dream vehicle' to replace my daily driver ('89 Jag XJ),my gun show van,cargo van and a 4-wheel-drive winter car. Only other choices were the Audi Q-7 and the Porche SUV. Had only 89K miles....3rd owner.

Only regret is the lack of knowledge available at the local VW dealer and cost of maintaining it. Tried to get an oil/filter/fuel filter change...over $400.00 !!! And when I took it in...got a call 2-hr later saying they could not do it because they did not have the filters and would have to order them. Purchased items locally and did it myself,thanks to you-tube and hours of searching.

Would like to copy/borrow a CD manual to print out a hard copy and would provide another hard copy to the lender for their use. Please advise/contact thru site or call...my dime....800 380-4867...9-5:30 (EDT)....Len
Ebay in Germany has a 2008 English Owner Manual for sale....

Org. VW Touareg 7L Bordbuch Bedinungsanleitung Handbuch Anleitung BDA English | eBay

Stuart...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...shop manual

Thank you for the note's,guys. Already have the owners manual(s)....need the shop or maintaince manuals. I'm not a 'putor geek,but have means to copy and produce manuals from DVD/CD's.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Buy the workshop manual from Bentley, the publishers, not the car maker!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts