Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just joined the forum today. I have a 2005 with the 3.2 V6, I purchased it at auction about a year and a half ago. It has been a great, reliable family ride so far but it hasn't been without it's problems. The biggest problem I'm having now is with the headlights. It never has had full headlights, only daytime running lights. Then a few months ago the driver side quit completely. No signal or anything. I recently decided to go delving in to the driver side headlight to check it out only to find that the insulation had rotted off the wires and left a giant melted lump inside the housing. I never could get it to come on with the multi meter. I pulled the passenger headlight out and peeked inside and it wasn't as bad. I was able to get a full headlight, signal light, and flash to pass light with the multi meter. I was looking at getting a whole new assembly for the driver side to get it working again but have barely had any luck finding the HIDs. Would anyone have any info on where to find a good used set? I am a little reluctant to fork out almost a grand to the stealership for a new pair.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts