Club Touareg Forum banner

New lower bumper w/no amber reflector

7K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  evaddirb 
#1 ·
Finally got some pics w/the new bumper on.Just wanted to show everyone what it looks like.Looking at the original bumper it looks like you could make the amber reflector into a light or blinker cause there is an opening where it sits plus if they were to make a clear reflector it would be very easy to replace it with one.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't know about the missing reflector.... but DAMN, those wheels look great!

#6 ·
I just change the lower bumper and I think is really hard time because of the plastic is so delicate, and I will prefer to change only the amber reflector to a clear, because to buy a new bumper is too expensive, it looks better without the amber reflector but is too much work.

#9 ·
Tire size

The first set i got were 4x4 sport continentals - (275/40/20).These are really exspensive tires and wore out on me in less than a year.Just recently though i purchased some hakooks (275/45/20).These tires are rated to be better so they should last about close to 2 years i am hoping.Plus they were alot cheaper.The ride is alot smoother and just as quiet.I even like the fact that it is a touch bigger cause the 40's are a touch smaller and will rack up the miles on you.but the 45's will actually slow it down by a hair or two.

#10 ·
Thanks for the information, very informative… I like the 20ties with that tire sizes, it makes the tire gap have an even ratio with the rest of the car…. It seems that when you go large, you have no choice but to drop the baby down a couple of inches… I’ve drop quite a bit of cars an it time to enjoy and ride without worrying about whats on the road (pot holes!!!)

#13 ·
spockcat said:
In order to see how difficult these are to remove, I took one of mine off. Wasn't that hard and I didn't break anything. If I can get the clear lenses I will be offering these as replacements.
Yup, did mine to this same one, but with the parking sensors, and if you take your time, it's not too tough. Looks GREAT too. My origional was pretty scraped up from Big Bear and Penn Touareg Rallye, and I found one cheap on ebay. When Spock get's 'em in, I HIGHLY recomend these. I HATE the amber lights down there for some reason...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.