Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

My fathers Touareg only came with one original key without the original vw code to order a new key. As he lost already a key from a previous car, he don't want to risk it to lose his key now.
I asked the stealer to order a new one and he said that the price would be over 600 euros for 2 keys, as he could not get the original code from the current key... :(

So I searched my own Touareg junkyard and found one with two keys with the vw code. I also have the ignition switch and door lock.
But I'm wondering if I need to do any recoding in the start authorization module (J518) to make the new keys work and if I could do this by myself.
Did anyone tried this?

KR, Bart

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You need to be able to download the codes from Germany.

Good auto locksmiths can do this and give you a new key for quite a bit less than a dealer.

Goggle/Bing or ask around

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VCDS is no problem, I have one.

Yes maybe I can find someone who can reproduce those keys, but I'm affraid that they will say the same thing as the stealer said...
And as I have all the parts to make it work, It won't cost anything to me. Maybe I'll try this weekend to make it work. But any experience with it would help a lot.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yes maybe I can find someone who can reproduce those keys, but I'm affraid that they will say the same thing as the stealer said...
I had a key cut so that I could unlock the Treg if I accidentally left the keys in the car after just unlocking the boot - it relocks automatically about 5 seconds after shutting the boot.

The locksmith said that he could make a replacement key with all the functions just from my original key if I needed that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts