Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Welcome. If you haven't read it already, do take time to carefully read the buying a used Touareg thread - the link is in my signature below. You will probably learn a lot and save money later too!

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Are the Blue and green lines in your Dashboard display actually there, or is it a fault with your camera? If they are present then your display is buggered. Also by the look of it you have a Brake Wear warning displayed, which means you are up for new brake pads, and most probably new rotors (discs) as well.

Both these issues need to be checked...

Stuart...

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
One other thing, the Firmware of your MFD (Multi Function Display) is an early version which has been replaced as the result of a service bulletin. That version has the bad habit of failing to display certain items, such as the bar graph for Air Suspension ride level and a few others.. I have attached the service bulletin details. Have a talk to a VW dealer and get it upgraded. (Looks like your Air Suspension Bar Graph is still ok at the moment)

You can identify the later firmware as it displays the Outside Air Temp in the Top Left Corner of the Display, where the original in the box on the lower right.

Stuart...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Hello neighbour and welcome !!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Have a talk to a VW dealer and get it upgraded
My Treg is in the range of VINs covered by the Bulletin. As the vehicle it is now out of warranty, would this upgrade still be available at no cost or would I have to pay?

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
My Treg is in the range of VINs covered by the Bulletin. As the vehicle it is now out of warranty, would this upgrade still be available at no cost or would I have to pay?
No idea, mine was done during warranty, you would have to ask them.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Any "campaign" (if this is within those parameters) which has been officially acknowledged by VW should be covered even after warranty.

I doubt though the guys on the ground in Romania would see it that way. I would guess they would ask for "a donation" before they would bother with a VW owners vehicle.

Correct approach would be to ring VW head office in Romania to check if that is the case.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome. If you haven't read it already, do take time to carefully read the buying a used Touareg thread - the link is in my signature below. You will probably learn a lot and save money later too!
thanks buddy. I read most of it more or less but what convinced me to buy this car is the fact that it has real mileage and clean history from the dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One other thing, the Firmware of your MFD (Multi Function Display) is an early version which has been replaced as the result of a service bulletin. That version has the bad habit of failing to display certain items, such as the bar graph for Air Suspension ride level and a few others.. I have attached the service bulletin details. Have a talk to a VW dealer and get it upgraded. (Looks like your Air Suspension Bar Graph is still ok at the moment)

You can identify the later firmware as it displays the Outside Air Temp in the Top Left Corner of the Display, where the original in the box on the lower right.

Stuart...

The dead pixels lines are from the car display and I know I have to replace the rear disks.

Software again :mad: (I work in IT) !!! I am more of a don't fix it if it ain't broken kind of guy so i'll leave the display and firmware as it is. Anyway I got this car so I can get my dirtbike everywhere instead of using a trailer. A transporter T5 has more or less the same price here .....

this is the motorbike carrier
http://www.hakrbrno.cz/img/auto/16/0/CROSS_orezova cesta_retus_uv.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts