· Registered
5,666 Posts
****in tease. More!

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Awesome! Looking good! Keep us posted

· Registered
5,666 Posts
You know that I like your car. You need to get some matching tint for up front, the green llumar

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Is the green Llumar still available? I've heard people were buying up the old stock a couple years ago.
It's still alive and well, the problem is you have to order massive rolls of it so only a couple people import it. Solarworks Glass Tinting still has it and will custom cut you tint.

I fear it will become a cop magnet. Tinted window + non OEM wheels + noise = ticket.
I'm talking about getting matching color and tint to the rears, I don't think it's illegal but if it is it is just a barely and nobody is going to give a ****. The llumar stuff looks exactly stock. My avatar picture has it

Reactions: Strattoa

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Where did you get that TQ number.
I'd guess maybe 485-500 with stock turbo. No idea what his current turbo will add, maybe another 20-40 torque, I wouldn't guess any higher

· Registered
5,666 Posts
The difference between stage 2 and stage 3 with delete is far more important than from stock to stage 2. I don't know about the feel difference between stage 2 to stage 2 with deleted. I don't expect the snail to be a game changer considering the minimal size difference, maybe 25HP-ish and an almost imperceptible 100-200 RPM shift in powerband.

Sound has a big play in the impression of speed as you get more feedback lol.

As you might expect, I am still very happy about the decisions/changes that I have made. Nothing else in mind, with the only exception of the window trim & front grill chrome delete. Maybe.

Didn't you go right into deleted and bypassed stage 2 with emissions intact?

· Registered
5,666 Posts
No I didn't check if it was lying. I would have need to fill up, highway drive then fill again to get good measures. I did highway, mountain-ish spirited drive, then highway back home. Even if it is 10% off, I would still consider this good.

There is no way the cost of the extra hardware + tune is offset by extra fuel efficiency. But I appreciate the extra ponies and this is what I paid for; while fuel efficiency has improved.

I went from 100% stock
then stock hardware, stage 2 tune (with emission)
then upgraded turbo, rawtek downpipe & DPF, stage 3
With stock tire size my computer was 2-4mpg off every tank. Huge difference.

You're saying post deletes was significantly bigger change than stage 2 with emissions?

· Registered
5,666 Posts
2 drawback of the mods:
  • Smell. It is quite strong, even outside. This can be annoying if you have an interior parking.
  • With the EGR delete, the engine takes longer to warmup. Thankfully I have the pre fix TCM flash, I hated to see the transmission shift so high on light throttle.
All true. Makes me giggle when people delete and then get mad when their diesel with it's emissions removed stinks.

I agree and I don't regret. This is just so you know what you will get into.
The downpipe & DPF changes the voice as well, not noticeable under steady speed but definitely appreciable under acceleration.

There are 2 kits for the downpipe & DPF, Buzzken & Rawtek both made in Canada. Rawtek is more expensive, but better stainless quality and 3in (VS 2.5in). I got my kit at blackfriday and had quite a good deal (40% ish discount). the tune was 15% off in that same period as well.
Both manufacturers only produce pipes for different engine codes, they don't both make pipes that will fit every year Touareg. It's one or the other

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Looks strangely familiar to mine 🤔🤔

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Deleting the suitcase muffler with stock exhaust makes absolutely minimal noise difference, if you were an enthusiast and you know what these sound like stock versus not stock you will pick it up, it's a little louder and the exhaust has slightly deeper bass to it, mostly from the outside but you can tell a little on the inside. Definitely picked up some responsiveness though and that annoying throttle and put lag is basically gone.

Coupled with a DPF and catalytic converter delete the vehicle gets extremely loud

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Yep tire rotations every oil change and alignments minimum yearly are critical. Nobody believes me.

· Registered
5,666 Posts
I had quite a story about the alignment a few pages back. I got the Bilstein B12 mounted at one shop, they send it somewhere else for the alignment. I asked the sheet after and they "lost it". I mentioned I want it aligned again if I coun't see the result and they found it

I told the first shop I wasn't happy with those specs, they send it elsewhere (free of charges) and got this.

Nothing else have been done since. I have another alignment appointment at a third shop this Thursday, let's see what is what. rear camber is intense for sure, I see it with bare eye.

Side note, while looking for 2 used rear tire; I just came across those with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 SUV (275-45-20) mounted on. Very tempting, but I quite like the OEM wheels too; and I have the same exact tire. I'll sleep on it. Yay or nay?
The Hakka's are world class snow performers

· Registered
5,666 Posts
holly Toe! The back was terrible, which most likely explains the tire wear.

Rear camber bolts are seized. So -2.3 & -2.3deg in the back. Not ideal, but I fear the work required to get it properly set (rear control arms & bolts)
Yep, of course they were. Common problem on these cars when people don't frequently get alignments 😉

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Last October man!!! less than a year. Our road are terrible here, but to get an alignment every 6000mi!?
Every year is what my dealership has told me and sticking to that has served me well.

· Registered
5,666 Posts
So my painter was obviously color blind and/or will never get a contract with the army. It is more pepermint than camo.

I guess it means I am loosing a friend here. oh well. These 18Z caliper will be a nice fit with my 350mm BBK
I mean, it does look good, but it's no camo

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Let's switch gears for a sec.... do you plan to dyno your whip (for educational purposes)?
I would love to see how\if your power curve has shifted as a result of your non seafoam\BBK upgrades.
Not sure if serious? BBK not gonna impact a Dyno but you'd definitely see differences in time slips (assuming it weighs Significantly more or less than stock..)

61 - 76 of 76 Posts