Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

· Registered
5,667 Posts
WTF @ rake.... Mine is level AF.
Have you swapped in a V8 or something?
You measured from center of wheel liner to center of wheel???
You got me thinking. Had a spring blowout over the summer. Dealership said the car has hybrid springs installed per the color coding. I had them install OEM. The rear has OEM and the fronts still have Hybrid, but I'd think the hybrid runs higher due to weighing more.

My car has a real tiny rake to it but not significant

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Strange. Looking at mine you can def. tell the rear-end is higher but not significantly so.. to the normal eye it probably looks pretty level. I imagine the rear end is higher like it is in trucks, where they expect it to drop to level once you get a load on the hitch

· Registered
5,667 Posts
My bad then I misunderstood your question. But there are B12 kits for both generations you were inquiring about

· Registered
5,667 Posts
You aren't gonna find **** for information on Touareg spring rates

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Please do get back to us with spring rates! I know you have an r so it's probably going to be different than most others but at least we have a starting point

Reactions: zambony

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Almost nobody on this forum makes these cars out to be death traps or **** boxes

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Ah gotcha. Some of us take our Volkswagens very seriously!

They're good cars. Owning any German car you should be well to do so you can afford high quality care from dealers or Euro shops or be mechanically inclined AND well to do so you can do your own work

· Registered
5,667 Posts
What is that vag com timing in terms of mods, just the tune?

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Yeah I totally bombed that question but you understood me properly

Looking forward to hearing more

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Zambony have you made any additional vagcom track time runs?

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Boney where you at. Did you take those vag track logs yet?

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Were the roads snowy?

Also, the 2016 times listed are definitely before the diesel mod. 2014 looks like post diesel mod. The fix really killed performance in a big way.

Your slow 1/8 mile time but really high mph indicates to me you're being held back by traction and maybe 60' time significantly.

· Registered
5,667 Posts
That's all fair I'm just curious. I'm just telling you with the speed you racked up in your 1/8 mile that you are definitely having some traction issues or launching issues because at that speed your time should be significantly faster. Keep us posted if you find anything else out!

· Registered
5,667 Posts
It's looking good. You should get matching Llumar tint on the front windows to match the rest of the car

· Registered
5,667 Posts
The Touareg has very strange catalog entries with Bilstein. Typically Bilstein makes the same line across every automotive manufacturer but the Touareg is very unique. The B12 setup should have custom valving and spring work

· Registered
5,667 Posts
I don't know my man, they are very wishy-washy in their catalog description unfortunately.

· Registered
5,667 Posts
That makes sense. Don't be so glum about it, you were going to love it and I want to hear all about it LOL

· Registered
5,667 Posts
The only real difference between the Cayenne Springs and the Touareg Springs are the Cayenne are a higher spring rate and about three quarters of an inch shorter. It is my completely unprofessional opinion that you will have zero issues installing this. @jeffnhiscars actually recently proved my theory correct and can maybe weigh in on that

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Big dawg. That's what I like to hear 😎

· Registered
5,667 Posts
The Tiguan actually moves pretty well with the 2.0 TSI, especially when you start throwing mods at it. They are definitely faster than a fixed Touareg. Unless you get the newer Tiguan, they were always significantly smaller. The newer ones are pretty large

41 - 60 of 76 Posts