Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,934 Posts
C'mon man... so think about it.
The LCA pivots on the bushing that gets located in the subframe carrier by the bolt.
If the bushing is shot, then nothing is holding the pivot point in place and you're alignment is always everywhere as it's constantly changing..... so unless the LCA (I dunno WTF lcR above means.... lol) is simply being held in place by rust and still allowed to pivot, the bushing must still be good. If the bolt is turning, it's either been replaced by a regular bolt (not eccentric) or the washer "stops\limits" have been ground off.....

Something stinks.... get under there and get a good visual on things.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,934 Posts
Let's switch gears for a sec.... do you plan to dyno your whip (for educational purposes)?
I would love to see how\if your power curve has shifted as a result of your non seafoam\BBK upgrades.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,934 Posts
You two went off on a tangent. Bbk is the joke as is the seafoam green... Zero anything to do with dyno.
I am curious about the slightly larger snail and it's inertia and how it adds lag. Theoretically, it might be zeroed out by the opening up of the exhaust due to his deletes.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,934 Posts
Don't know how dynos work downunder, but on this side of the pond they result in a power/tq graph vs rpm which illustrates power curve, peaks, spikes, etc. Many of us also log other various parameters when doing dyno pulls like AFR/Lambda, EGTs, etc.
If you don't start your pull at 2.5k rpm to mask just how useless your big turbo is on a DD, you can easily see lag/spool.

As previously stated, I'm interested in seeing the difference between how the different snails react and shift the area under the curve instead of some peak output or whatever gets most people around here hard AF.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts