Club Touareg Forum banner
281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
The only real difference between the Cayenne Springs and the Touareg Springs are the Cayenne are a higher spring rate and about three quarters of an inch shorter. It is my completely unprofessional opinion that you will have zero issues installing this. @jeffnhiscars actually recently proved my theory correct and can maybe weigh in on that

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
FINALLY got the B12 kit, rear top plate should come in sometime next week. Installation should be sometime mid-August, looking forward for that! I CANNOT WAIT to see the final ride height & feel. Then, the Touareg should be DONE with major maintenance item & mods. Most likely next year I'll get re-spray the rocker panels as they have a few rockchip immediately behind the front wheel (because it didn't have mud guards)

will report back!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Big dawg. That's what I like to hear 😎

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Dropped the Touareg at the shop yesterday to get the new suspension installed + alignment; should be ready tomorrow. I parked next to a regular (non R) gasser T3 Touareg and honestly I couldn't see a high difference. Will take picture when I get my ride back!

Also, I was curious to see the difference in size between the actual Tiguan and my Touareg. Very close! The Tiguan R-line look is not bad, but I still prefer my ride. And I don't think the 2L in the Tiguan is appropriate for a vehicle of this size.

As posted in the other thread, I measured the force VS displacement of the Cayenne Eibach springs before putting them on. Unfortunately, I didn't compressed them enough to enter the dynamic of the vehicle; fearing the coil would bang out of the machine and hit me in the face since the coil's end aren't flat (so the spring wasn't sitting properly). I'll measure the R-Line springs once I get them off; hopefully I can compress them a bit more (target is 1700lbs).

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
The Tiguan actually moves pretty well with the 2.0 TSI, especially when you start throwing mods at it. They are definitely faster than a fixed Touareg. Unless you get the newer Tiguan, they were always significantly smaller. The newer ones are pretty large

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
****in tease. More!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
I'll try to get a better shot tomorrow. When I took the picture, the car had 5km since the installation was done. Handling/feeling as improved a lot. Less dive under heavy handling and all.

I had 4 loose fingers (4 1/4in) gap between tire and fender, now 3 fingers just. For the look, I would have took another 1/2-1in drop, but considering the purpose of the vehicle I am VERY happy with the look; and even more about the drive.

Being a 2014, just a shock refresh is an improvement. I think the B6 Struts are better than OEM, and with the lowering springs it just makes it better.

I'll take better pictures tomorrow if weather allows. I'll test the OEM (R-line) spring rate once I get the chance (1-2 weeks)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Awesome! Looking good! Keep us posted

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
I just dropped the Touareg to the bodyshop. There are 2 dent/rust spots immediately behind the front wheel. Initially I tough it was because of the erosion because of the projection of the front tire (no OEM mudguards). I went to VW for a warranty claim, but since there is an actual “dent” it seems like it is not covered. They are claiming the car has most likely been lifted on the rocker panels instead of the jacking pads just behind. It might sound zealous for some, but I like the Touareg very much and I intend to keep it for a long time. I haven’t seen corrosion on the carbody elsewhere.

Driver side

Passenger side

Some might have seen elsewhere on the forum, I am looking into the feasibility of a V8 TDI (CKDA or CUDC) swap. CKDA (Touareg) can make approx 420HP with a tune (stock everything), CUDC seems to be the same engine with bigger turbos (not sure what else) and can get up to 460HP. I would run fabricated/darkside downpipe & DPF delete. I would prefer to run an OEMish muffer to prevent tracking too much attention. I suppose my actual setup produces approx 310-320HP (with the GTB2260), so that would be a solid 100-140HP gain over actual, almost 200hp over stock LOL

This is completely unnational (but so fun!) considering I put approx 7000km on the ride in the last 12 months.

PS: I know my summer tire are worn, I have a new set sitting in the garage. I'll stretch them for the season and install them on the Cayenne rims. I'll run the winter tires on my OEM 20in R-line. I intend of keeping the spacers all year around.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
The shop who installed the suspension unjammed the "seized" bolts and send the car back to the same alignment shop that did a ****ty job the first time. And they failed again to do a proper job. So the shop I am dealing with took it back and went elsewhere.

top is how ****ed up the first alignment shop did (look at the toe!!), bottom is actual. Satisfied!

Truck is back from the paintshop, didn't need to replace any steel. Grind/remove all the old gravelguard, apply new stuff. Top job on both sides. yay.
They had a few really nice cars in the shop as well.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts