Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
@zambony
All jokes aside, have you confirmed the lie-o-meter consumption you're seeing with a manual calculation?
Is it even close?
I'm not liking these fuel prices so I'm only interested in deletes\mods to pick up some FE if anything.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
There is no way the cost of the extra hardware + tune is offset by extra fuel efficiency.
Oh I realize that.... but once my dieselgate warranty expires, I plan on deleting DPF\DEF\EGR and opening up the exhaust for reliability purposes and to lower EGTs.... I'm expecting some FE gains as well and it would simply be extra incentive\motivation to know that there's a potential 10-15% FE gain to be had.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
Full aware of "aftermarket" options.
I will be custom making my own. The exhaust "tract" is quite simple and I cannot imagine spending on these market offerings, even when on sale... there's f-all to them..... I'll also be dumping the suitcase to straighten out the flow path.
Straight piped to dual mufflers... something like this
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Motor vehicle

The tune I will have to get, but I'll probably spend the extra for custom as I'll be looking to have it optimized to my level of "deletes" and optimized for towing vs 1320 runs.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
Both manufacturers only produce pipes for different engine codes, they don't both make pipes that will fit every year Touareg. It's one or the other
Anyone that has ever worked with custom charge pipes or exhaust can easily come up with a solution.
It's almost a "straight shot" and if you delete all the nonsense, you only need a few v band flanges, a fex section and a couple of elbows.... quite simple and you can reduce the length by a good 4ft... even if you want the suitcase for your local boys in blue.... don't be jelly of my mad paint skillz yo
Photograph Product Font Line Urban design

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
I paid 930$ USD all in for both parts in November 2020.
Now I just looked at the price, 878$ USD for the DPF and 768$ USD for the downpipe (1646$ USD!!) outch
Plus $1875 USD for this...

Nickel Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Composite material

And we haven't even talked about the tune + tunezilla or Godzilla or whatever dollarzilla it's called..... pretty much $5k or more CAD to do it.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD NOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
The only problem I see with the aftermarket mufflers is the extra attention from cops. I am trying as much as possible to keep an OEM+ look; although I would LOVE a full 3in line and replace the suitcase with other mufflers.
I'm not gonna say anything... I'll just leave this here (with you being lowered and cops being clueless, no one would ever know visually)

Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
Your rig is broken. Those tires last a long time. Was it aligned using the correct R line specs? Did you screw everything up with aftermarket suspension/wheels/spacers? Did you check your previous alignment results for correct specs vs service manual? Did you do suspension/wheel changes/repairs after the alignment?

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
Different ride heights impact independent suspension alignment specs. You need a shop that specializes in alignments. Also, have your bushings/endlinks/various wear components checked out.. on a heavy pig like that with high Odo, you'll more than likely have worn out stuff.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
Also, as per above earlier suggestion, check the shops base settings against your service manual specs. I posted a visual here for reference

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
I find my 255s still float (and I can't run studs in this part of ON). Once I wear them out I'm going to take it down another notch. Will probably go 245s as 235s will be to "pizza cutter" for me to handle visually.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
How would frequent alignment "checks" keep eccentric bolts from seizing bruh?
Or did you want owners to get their stuff adjusted all the time at $100/pop to keep $10 bolts from rusting and seizing up?

@zambony, drill out the heads, hammer our the bolts, replace them, get alignment done.... no need to replace LCRs or bushing on bearing end if they aren't worn out, etc.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
I live in rust land close to you, so I can relate..... get your crap oil sprayed and just soak things like that with "bolt-off" or similar stuff every time you crawl under the vehicle for whatever reason to keep them "usable" when\if required.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts