Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following up on the http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f46/touareg-meet-up-in-ma-nh-28045.html thread, I'm trying to organize another Treg 4x4 meet.

Hoping others are around X-mas weekend, I'm tentatively shooting for the morning of Sun., Dec 26. Meeting location TBD, but could again be the Dunkin' Donuts and Shell station at the below address.
95 Farmington Rd, Rochester, NH - Google Maps

Depending on interest and weather, we could again target the class VI (unmaintained) and 4WD roads in the Rochester, NH area. Or we could explore similar tracks in the Brookfield/New Durham/Wolfeboro area.

So jmansfield04, BigMM24, and anyone else looking to stretch their Treg's legs offroad, chime in and let's see what we can do. :cool:

Thanks--Chris

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Chris, sounds like fun! I wish I was closer. No offroad in my Touareg this year has me jonsing to play.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yo Chris,

Getting my Bridgestone AT Revo 2's put on next Monday. I'll be around...but in PA. Wish I could join you guys. We'll have to get something together for our neck of the woods in the spring.

Dave

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, sounds like fun! I wish I was closer. No offroad in my Touareg this year has me jonsing to play.
Hey Chris, you still have that V10 in bubble-wrap? I broke down and went for the extended warranty (with Chris F.) myself. Plan to 'play hard' with this baby for many moons. Worse things could happen than not having ~$2k in repairs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yo Chris,

Getting my Bridgestone AT Revo 2's put on next Monday. I'll be around...but in PA. Wish I could join you guys. We'll have to get something together for our neck of the woods in the spring.

Dave
Nice; good luck with the Revo 2's! And spring offroading in the PA area sounds awesome. :cool:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can do 29, 30, 31, 1, 2, or 3.

18" WRG2 Nokians, air suspension.
Unfortunately, I can't do those days. :(

But keep checking back for the next time we do this. ;)

·
Too Cool to Leave School
711 Posts
Wish I was closer... I'm hoping to have my Terra Grapplers on by then and looking to getting off the pavement for once

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same here. The Tregs that regularly go offroad in these parts can probably be counted with one hand. :rolleyes:

Make sure you post some pics and feedback on those Grapplers (in the Running Gear section). :cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not going to be able to make it this time.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too bad no one could join me. I explored miles of tracks in the New Durham/Wolfeboro/Brookfield area. There was just enough snow on the ground to make it scenic. But not enough to bring in the snowmobiles... yet. :rolleyes:

Here are some pics when I had an excuse to get out of the truck. The Treg and Hankooks generally had no drama with anything except for sheets of ice. The trail around Tumbledown Dick Mountain had a couple puckered butthole moments. Fortunately, it was nothing that the Treg's bag of tricks couldn't handle. :cool:

·
Too Cool to Leave School
711 Posts
Nice pics... maybe we can find a middle ground spot for a "North East" Touareg off-road day/weekend

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That'd be awesome. Dave (surfman) & I keep talking about the Poconos. But the Catskills might work as well. We just need to check into the local trails.:-k

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not going to be able to make it this time.
If anyone's up for winter offroading, I may try to organize another run Sunday, February 20 (Presidents Day weekend).

Big issues will be how much snow's on the ground (too much probably means plowed-in trailheads), and the number of Treg's with adequate tires for deep/frozen snow. Meeting location and planned trails would be the same as last time. :cool:

Anyone interested?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts