Club Touareg Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the new update (23AK) put on my 15TDI this morning. I'm dissapointed to say that the acceleration lag is no better. In fact, in the 15-miles or so I've driven the car I didn't notice a difference at all. Anyone out there with a recommendation on how to make the throttle more responsive? Tune? TCM modification?

·
Registered
2016 TDI LUX
25 Posts
The one thing I immediately noticed on my '16 Lux was that when cruise (ACC) was set to say 55, it would always sit 1mph slow on the speedo. Before the 23AK flash it was on the dot when cruising, not really sure what that's all about!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
After the new update I wouldn't be surprised if they force the car into a transmission relearn, so that could be a factor right now too.

bennya84 when you say acceleration lag, do you mean as soon as you put your foot on the accelerator?

Running diesel kleen at the proper volume significantly helped with my initial on-accelerator lag.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After the new update I wouldn't be surprised if they force the car into a transmission relearn, so that could be a factor right now too.

bennya84 when you say acceleration lag, do you mean as soon as you put your foot on the accelerator?

Running diesel kleen at the proper volume significantly helped with my initial on-accelerator lag.
Yes, if i'm running the car at low RPM and then stomp on the pedal to overtake a car etc... there is a significant lag before a sudden surge of power-(power seems to come when the RPM get up to about 2000).

I tried the manual transmission reset procedure but i believe you need VCDS to do that in my vehicle. Is there a throttle body reset procedure, or do you need VCDS for that? I looked at the intake manifold the other day, it looks clean. I haven't tried any fuel additives.

Interestingly when the car is idling and in park, there doesn't seem to be a delay between putting my foot on the pedal and the RPMs increasing...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine does something similar... I have noticed that rolling onto the accelerated progressively helps with that. Anytime I have mashed it down there is a delay. Not sure if that’s a accelerator position sensor issue or if it’s a boost issue. But I find if I slowly put the throttle down it tends to build and not lag.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yes, if i'm running the car at low RPM and then stomp on the pedal to overtake a car etc... there is a significant lag before a sudden surge of power-(power seems to come when the RPM get up to about 2000).

I tried the manual transmission reset procedure but i believe you need VCDS to do that in my vehicle. Is there a throttle body reset procedure, or do you need VCDS for that? I looked at the intake manifold the other day, it looks clean. I haven't tried any fuel additives.

Interestingly when the car is idling and in park, there doesn't seem to be a delay between putting my foot on the pedal and the RPMs increasing...
This is a TDI correct?? No 'throttle body' like a gasser. Diesels dont need throttle bodies. The only reason the TDI has them is for emissions control and low-end torque. They don't really do a whole lot. My car became much more responsive running diesel kleen every tank (ups the cetane by 6 points). Its only super rare that I have lag issues now.
For what its worth the TDI is rated at maximum torque at 1750 rpms so it makes sense that you feel it most there.
You can do the transmission reset procedure either w/ vcds or something where you put the ignition on (but not car) and put the pedal to the floor for 15 seconds. I'm not sure of the exact procedure w/out vcds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer said 3.5 hrs to do the flash but the letter says 1hr. How long have others waited for 23AK to be applied?

·
Registered
135 Posts
45 minutes of paperwork signing up front, about 25 minutes of actual flashing (and that includes getting the car in, pre-tested, etc.). I was in an out in 90 minutes or so.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My dealer wanted me to allow 2.5 hours, but 23AK was was done in about 1.33 hours including a car wash and paperwork.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Scheduled mine for this afternoon along with a brake fluid flush.

Update: After a couple hundred miles I was averaging 28.1 mpg on the lie-o-meter prior to the update. I am now seeing 28.1-28.3 mpg. this number usually comes out to 26-27 mpg calculated. Still down shifts. Haven't done much on the WOT testing. So far, I do recommend this update if available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Since getting the update I’ve had two instances of the car throwing codes (P0269 & P0278) for contribution/balance faults on injectors 3 & 6. Probably unrelated but didn’t have this issue in my prior 9 months of ownership.

Long shot but has anyone else had any issues pop up post-update?

·
Registered
170 Posts
No issues with mine after 1,000 mi.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had the second fix done a while ago. I really like it. Shifting behavior at low speed cold engine is far far far better. It does hold the low gears longer when cold, I can live with that. It's not even annoying. Fuel economy seems the same to me, still 22 mpg all around economy since dieselgate tune, I was generally 24 mpg before that. I'm not sure I am getting the tune I thought I was going to do in the Summer. I want more torque (towing) but I don't really need it.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts