Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just online chatting with VW Care asking why my extended emissions warranty still says pending online on vwdieselinfo.com when I know the fix has been completed. They confirmed that my fix had been completed and that I do have an extended warranty but said I may need to complete the new campaign that came out almost three weeks ago for the system to update. Has anyone heard of or done this new campaing/fix: "3.0L TDI Engine Gen 2.1 & 2.2 SUV approved emissions released on January 7, 2020" Wondering what this is, of course he told me to hurry to the dealer to take care of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a letter in the mail about two weeks ago, dutifully went to my dealer and they said they had no idea. Told me me to sit tight for a month. Go figure.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Correct. There is also some discussion over on the TDI forum, but I think the above thread has the most discussion and info. The few that have had it done appear to be happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine (23AK) is scheduled at the German VW dealer for next Wednesday, so I'll soon find out. Also having them check some white smoke I'm seeing from the exhaust during hard acceleration.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
829 Posts
Mine (23AK) is scheduled at the German VW dealer for next Wednesday, so I'll soon find out. Also having them check some white smoke I'm seeing from the exhaust during hard acceleration.
I'll have to check whether 23AK applies in other parts of Europe.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know that with cooler temps and I step on it my back window will cover in steam. Never had that before in a vehicle. Now I wonder if it is smoke. I assumed that it was the AdBlue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My other VW TDI's have no smoke at all no matter when or how hard I press on the pedal so I'm a little concerned about this one. I've read on here that the white smoke may be the injectors, injector seals or EGR valve. If it's any of these they should be covered under the emissions warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know that with cooler temps and I step on it my back window will cover in steam. Never had that before in a vehicle. Now I wonder if it is smoke. I assumed that it was the AdBlue.
I have the same thing. Is it normal for that to happen?

·
Registered
33 Posts
What did they find out? Because I either just started noticing this or it just started.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too have noticed this on a '16 TDI with the fix- have not had the 23AK done yet.... I don't drive the Treg when the roads are salty. Sac-religious I know 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dealer told me it was normal, not sure if they really checked anything though.

·
Registered
322 Posts
White smoke?? Do you mean "steam" because its 0*f out????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts