Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Mike,

As far as a shirt goes, maybe one with the many ways to pronounce "Twar -egg" would be worth considering.

Just a thought :joy:

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,304 Posts
I like the logo, but I would switch the case of the lettering. Make Club, upper/lower case and all caps for TOUAREG. After all, the lettering on our vehicles is all caps.

Plus, I wouldn't leave off the dot-com part! You want to make sure that people who see the sticker know it's a website too!!! \:D/

· Registered
29 Posts
Bored? Yes. Artist? No. But here's a logo anyway ;)

Mike - I like yours, but I like the idea of conveying that this is not the average VW. And this is a club of not your average VW owners :)

The logo is ripped from the online Touareg brochure. I added a mud splatter effect in Photoshop. I also tried to rip off the "Driver's Wanted" look a bit too.

Attachments

· Registered
93 Posts
Re: Bored? Yes. Artist? No. But here's a logo anyway ;)

RedTiger said:
Mike - I like yours, but I like the idea of conveying that this is not the average VW. And this is a club of not your average VW owners :)

The logo is ripped from the online Touareg brochure. I added a mud splatter effect in Photoshop. I also tried to rip off the "Driver's Wanted" look a bit too.
I liked that. I think it would be better if you put the words 'club' and 'touareg' to the right of the vw logo and in the same height.

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trademarks, Registered Trademarks, etc. -- Gotta keep those in mind when designing logos. Also, it would be beyond hard to get a clean, crisp, print-quality copy of the VW logo.

I like the concept, but I don't think I want to deal with the legal hassles which may be involved. :-( Sorry

· Registered
139 Posts
I have to say that when I saw that particular logo I thought it was a tongue in cheek barb at the "crap" some Touareg owners have had slung at them.

· Registered
236 Posts
I like the idea of incorporating the offroading capability into the logo. I like Mike's lettering and I'd buy that t-shirt, but I was thinking making the car part of the design might be an idea?

This (pretty bad) mock-up incorporates the car shape climbing an inverted VW symbol, pretending to be mountains.

If people like this idea, maybe someone with graphic design skills would be more appropriate to make it work.

Be gentle, people :-k

Attachments

· Registered
93 Posts
For my 2 cents, I'd prefer Mike's logo for the front left "pocket" area. I think that the more "cartoon--ish" logos would work better on the back. The front should be left more "official", while still "informal". I think Mike's got it right.

· Registered
36 Posts
I like the logo

I don't mind the logo on the top of the page - my only comment would be that it would vbe nice to come up with something that says "TOUAREG" a little more... so how about something like this?

Possible copy for the back:

Roads? We don't need no stinking roads!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.