Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My first post, as you can see by the title, I'm in Canada and just took possession of a 2016 Highline 3.6L V6 gas with the Tech package. This is not my first VW, I had a 1976 Rabbit, but we won't go there.....lol

Purchasing the Touareg took a lot of reading to convince myself it was the vehicle for me,.....read bad experience with Rabbit.

The first priority was to find something that fit my 6'6" tall frame, second was driver's aides, and lastly reliability. I sat in and test drove everything from Accura to Volvo, and the choice was whittled down to an Audi Q5 or the Touareg.

The Audi had the sport package, the seats where fantastic, the ride very refined, but shoulder room was tight, okay when wearing shorts and t-shirts but it wouldn't do in the winter with my boots and parka. Also it only had the blind spot monitoring.

The VW felt more rugged, had all the driver's aides, good seats and plenty of shoulder room, back seat room and cargo room. MPG is bad, but I don't buy this type of vehicle for economy.

Now to familiarize myself with all the tech.

It was purchased at Owensound Volkswagen in Ontario. The price was fair for us both and the staff was courteous.
Brian

p.s. it came with a set of Monster Mats, but I'm thinking of going to Weathertech or Maxpider 3D mats, I'd add a link but apparently I need to do 5 posts first

· Official CT Ricer!
1,432 Posts
Welcome! I came across your post looking for reviews on the Maxpider mats. Last week I traded in my 2006 V10 for a GL550 but also got my dad into a 2013 T3 V6. He is looking for mats and I wasn't particularly impressed with the fit of the Weathertech on my 2006. I am hence hesitating a little bit in recommending them to him. They do however provide an amazing fit for our Audi A6. I am interested in finding out more about the maxpider if you do get them.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly will; online photos show a good fit under the brake and gas pedals as well as covering the left side dead pedal. I'm tempted to buy them and send them back if they don't fit as shown.

Good luck with the GL, I had a ML320E years ago and was considering a new GLE, but I found the VW just as nice and for more conducive to my retirement plans.
thanks
brian

· Official CT Ricer!
1,432 Posts
Dad ended up buying the Maxpider from Amazon since it was zero risk if fit and finish did not please him. I think they look much better than the Weathertechs I had for sure.

Attachments

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best part of the photos is that I have the same interior which gives me an idea of the colour. Yes they do look like a good fit, I would like to see more under the gas and brake pedal, but seeing a fully covered dead pedal is positive. I think I may purchase the same. Right now I'm enjoying the OEM carpet floor mats and will put the Monster Mats on Kijiji.
thanks again
brian

· Official CT Ricer!
1,432 Posts
The best part of the photos is that I have the same interior which gives me an idea of the colour. Yes they do look like a good fit, I would like to see more under the gas and brake pedal, but seeing a fully covered dead pedal is positive. I think I may purchase the same. Right now I'm enjoying the OEM carpet floor mats and will put the Monster Mats on Kijiji.
thanks again
brian
They cover the area under and behind the pedals. Is that what you want to confirm?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.