Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yikes, only go with Brembo or Zimmerman or something like that. I had these on my 2006 V6 and did not like them, not comparable stopping power. I just picked up a set of fronts for my touareg, Brembo rotors ($137 set) and OEM pads Pagid ($40).... I strongly recommend OEM, you are stopping a 6,000 lb tank

Reactions: TucsonTreg

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,313 Posts
Zimmermann with pagid, loving it. Cant compromise on brakes. Will see how the combo lasts on the v10

Reactions: TucsonTreg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced my front brake pads with Powerstop pads on my 2014 Touareg. They are much better than the OEM pads. I'm hoping they will last much longer than the OEM pads. There is absolutely no need to spend extra money on OEM pads that are inferior in my opinion to aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've recently learned that DBA rotors are available in the US for these cars.
They are a very good rotor and reasonably priced.

Don't get drilled rotors, it doesn't really help and it can weaken the rotor. If you think you need something for gas evacuation get slotted but even that isn't really necessary either.

TRW/Lucas pads have almost as much heat resistance as racing pads but with good initial, cold bite and they feel good. Very low dust.
Been using them on my BMW for years, much better than Pagid and the other OEM brands.

·
Banned
260 Posts
I agree. These are what i used, Zimmerman and Pagid, and work great.

Bought from :
BMA Auto Parts
This code may still be good:
Discount: (specE30 )

Yikes, only go with Brembo or Zimmerman or something like that. I had these on my 2006 V6 and did not like them, not comparable stopping power. I just picked up a set of fronts for my touareg, Brembo rotors ($137 set) and OEM pads Pagid ($40).... I strongly recommend OEM, you are stopping a 6,000 lb tank

·
Registered
737 Posts
PSA: When you replace brake pads on the 17z or 18z calipers, be sure to replace the pad retaining springs and pin with new parts. Those pad retaining springs will lose their sproing over time and your pads will start to rattle. It will drive you knutz and you will think that the front suspension is going to fall out. Ask me how I know. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you think you need something for gas evacuation get slotted but even that isn't really necessary either.
I thought the new ventilated seats were for gas evacuation. :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
LOL!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
This product is likely made in China. I almost got bamboozled into a non-Zimmerman rotor by being distracted when I purchasing the wrong product. I returned the set of rotors (which were all done up fancy all done for marketing in a blinded up box with chrome accents) for the plain jane Zimmermans (in a plain cardboard box). The difference? "MADE IN GERMANY" is cleanly marked on the box (not to mention the card board itself was better quality).

I figure if I spent the money on the Treg in the first place I will use the best quality product to stop it including PAGID pads...after all my family rides in it all the time. Yeah it makes dust that makes the wheels ugly, BUT it stops EVERY time...Even when my travel trailer brakes were not warmed up yet for an energy stop, or when some lady in a Subaru wagon didn't check twice and pulled right out in front of me, or when a teen in a land yacht pulled out in front of me, or when a deer ran out in front...all true too...all times I didn't think I was going to stop...didn't think there was enough room for something as heavy as the Touareg to stop. But it did!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm trying to find the best deal on rotors and brake pads, also considering only OEM, Zimmerman and Pilenga with Pagid pads. Where do you guys order your parts for the best price?

·
Registered
12 Posts
How are you guys liking the Zimmerman/Pagid setup? Is stopping power better then OEM? I'm gonna be replacing my rotors and pads probably in spring and not sure which to go with either OEM or try oem rotors with some better pads (if there is any) Don't mind dust as my stock pads have almost no dust after a week to 2 of driving

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I just bought Brembo discs (front and rear) with Pagid pads + sensors from Germancarparts in Toronto. Their shipping is overnight. Very fast!
I have 122,000 km’s on the Touareg and now it requires new brakes. Hopefully there will not be any changing it, as I plan to do it myself. This is the first time I will be doing the brakes on the Touareg. I know that the software has to be told to open the electro-mechanical parking brake which hopefully the Vagcom will perform for me. I also have to tell the software the thickness of the pads.
When I changed to snow tires recently I noticed that the mounting bolt position for the rear callipers have been changed and is a lot more accessible than the previous Touaregs.

If any body has some insight in doing the brakes on a 2011 then feel free in letting me know. I have worked on many cars and trucks, racing and rally cars before but never on the brakes on the Touareg!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.