Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Ah I see, and we loop back to you being an idiot.

Here's the problem. You don't know when to stop and are going to continue to fight even when I've circled the proof directly from the manufacturer.

The Bilstein b6 for the Volkswagen Touareg is not considered a sport shock. In case you haven't noticed by now, but different automotive manufacturers have different equivalent ratings when it comes to bilstein. In the case of the Volkswagen Touareg the b4 comes in both OEM and also sport. Not the b6.

It's okay for you to be wrong and by all means you are wrong and I have proven that several different ways.

now if you would just stop calling the Bilstein b6 "sport" when it comes to Volkswagen Touareg applications you might go through life just a hair less ignorantly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Clearly my suggestion not to be an ass fell on deaf ears. in the future I'll ask that you not reply to any comment I make. You stay on your side and the fence and I'll stay on mine.
we are done here

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I saw your request and it was denied. Sorry that you were the last to find out. Your second request - not replying to any comments you make.. as soon as you stop blowing up my feed with your lying drivel, I'll forget who you are in a couple hours. No guarantees that I 'won't reply to your comments'.

The following chain of events are pretty much all thats needed and then we can both move on.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Covid is making y'all cray cray.... just sayin

Reactions: Cad_Man

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
🤣🤣

·
Registered
2012 180TDI
116 Posts
Pretty sure where this is becoming confusing, is that the b4 standard and sport are both "oe replacements". The b4 standard for the touaregs with standard suspension, the b4 sport is for the touaregs that were optioned with sport suspension. They have different valving. The b6s are a "sport upgrade".

Bilstein b4 are oe replacement. B6 are a "sport" shock.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Pretty sure where this is becoming confusing....Bilstein b4 are oe replacement. B6 are a "sport" shock.
thanks for chiming in since I was called an ignorant idiot (2x) for making the same statement. Hopefully you are spared the same insults.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Pretty sure where this is becoming confusing, is that the b4 standard and sport are both "oe replacements". The b4 standard for the touaregs with standard suspension, the b4 sport is for the touaregs that were optioned with sport suspension. They have different valving. The b6s are a "sport upgrade".

Bilstein b4 are oe replacement. B6 are a "sport" shock.

Nope. The Bilstein sport shock had traditionally been an oe replacement shock that is ~15% more stiff than stock. In the case of the Touareg, Bilstein won't actually release the percentage over stock that they are, but they do admit they're more sporty than the oe option.

This link is for the 2012 tdi executive

This link is for the 2012 tdi sport

The shocks all use the same exact parts numbers

·
Registered
2012 180TDI
116 Posts
Nope. The Bilstein sport shock had traditionally been an oe replacement shock that is ~15% more stiff than stock. In the case of the Touareg, Bilstein won't actually release the percentage over stock that they are, but they do admit they're more sporty than the oe option.

This link is for the 2012 tdi executive

This link is for the 2012 tdi sport

The shocks all use the same exact parts numbers
"This is a very common question!
There is a big difference between them, not just the colour!
Bilstein B4 dampers are classed as a replacement damper, this means they are a direct replacement shock absorber of the original factory fitted shocks. In some cases however oil shock absorbers are fitted as standard on some vehicles so the B4 is effectively an upgrade as it's a gas pressurized damper. These dampers are painted Black.
Bilstein B6 is an uprated shock absorber and is sometimes know as Bilstein B6 Sport. These have been extensively developed to give a sporty ride without lowering your vehicle. Generally they are a mono tube high pressure gas shock absorber meaning consistent performance and a sporty ride. These dampers are painted yellow."

You should look up the part numbers for R line struts.

The normal b4 are for standard tregs, the b4 sport are for the r line. Both standard, oe replacement shocks.

·
Registered
T3 - 2013 3.6L VR6
38 Posts
Good thread, only just realised there were 2 versions of B4 for our T3. I installed B4 to front few months back and ori Sachs to rear. Was lucky to find out mine are the regular versions (not R-Line sports). Wanted a plush compliant ride. They turned out plush yet corners firm, lossened up after a few months of use.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
"This is a very common question!
There is a big difference between them, not just the colour!
Bilstein B4 dampers are classed as a replacement damper, this means they are a direct replacement shock absorber of the original factory fitted shocks. In some cases however oil shock absorbers are fitted as standard on some vehicles so the B4 is effectively an upgrade as it's a gas pressurized damper. These dampers are painted Black.
Bilstein B6 is an uprated shock absorber and is sometimes know as Bilstein B6 Sport. These have been extensively developed to give a sporty ride without lowering your vehicle. Generally they are a mono tube high pressure gas shock absorber meaning consistent performance and a sporty ride. These dampers are painted yellow."

You should look up the part numbers for R line struts.

The normal b4 are for standard tregs, the b4 sport are for the r line. Both standard, oe replacement shocks.
You are killing me here. the Bilstein aftermarket suspension components are just that. They are aftermarket. Yes they r line is the exception and has different shocks. They are indeed different part numbers. But that doesn't mean that they automatically use the Bilstein sport suspension. Installing an b4 OEM into an r line would be the same exact setup as a stock setup, but yes it would obviously have a different part number coming directly from bilstein. Installing a b4 sport into an r line will also have a different part number and that will give you a roughly 15% increase in handling.

Entering the OEM part number such as 7P6413031AN will give you the OEM shock straight from volkswagen. whereas if you wanted the exact replacement piece directly from Bilstein you would use part

B4 OE Replacement - Shock Absorber

Part Number: 19-189666

As far as the Bilstein yellows being considered sport suspension. I am 1000% aware that when we are referring to other lines of cars and other brands of cars that Bilstein has different nomenclature for their suspension. The Touareg is a different animal and is rated completely differently

·
Registered
222 Posts
everyone...well nearly everyone...seems to be saying the same thing in different ways. If we can just say that the use of the term "sport" is more for marketing and is tossed around rather freely, then this thread can evolve.

as for people "killing you" you're killing yourself by insisting that your version of reality is the only valid one and failing to concede that others may have valid perspectives as well....wait...wut...alternate reality...failure to concede ?.. Donald is that you ???

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
everyone...well nearly everyone...seems to be saying the same thing in different ways. If we can just say that the use of the term "sport" is more for marketing and is tossed around rather freely, then this thread can evolve.

as for people "killing you" you're killing yourself by insisting that your version of reality is the only valid one and failing to concede that others may have valid perspectives as well....wait...wut...alternate reality...failure to concede ?.. Donald is that you ???
I hate to break it to you but they're really only is one truth contrary to what your people tell you

Maybe we are all saying the same thing I don't even know anymore.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I hate to break it to you but they're really only is one truth contrary to what your people tell you

Maybe we are all saying the same thing I don't even know anymore.
Not sure who you think "my people" are but it really doesn't matter. Your last statement above is actually right on point.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Woooooo weeeee .... that was 🧐
All I know is that the yellow B6 has exactly the same stroke as original but the nitrogen recharge is appreciably more than stock. The internal valving is a mystery as the viscosity of the oil. Noticeably stiffer, but seems to follow the bumps nicely. I’m used to bone jarring racing and rally cars so my interpretation is that it’s not that stiff. Living in Northern Ontario with broken roads, frost heaves, pot holes etc... ( and that’s in the summer!) put one’s suspension to the test every day!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Good review on the b6, appreciate it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Woooooo weeeee .... that was 🧐
All I know is that the yellow B6 has exactly the same stroke as original but the nitrogen recharge is appreciably more than stock. The internal valving is a mystery as the viscosity of the oil. Noticeably stiffer, but seems to follow the bumps nicely. I’m used to bone jarring racing and rally cars so my interpretation is that it’s not that stiff. Living in Northern Ontario with broken roads, frost heaves, pot holes etc... ( and that’s in the summer!) put one’s suspension to the test every day!
Thanks for your review Gazaflash, like your pictures too. How do you like your lift?

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Cad_Man
Thanks.
Absolutely love the lift. Should have got it years ago!!
There are many versions of this lift but this one is built very well, possibly the best!

From the manufacture.
1) Rollers are larger diameter
2) all pivot point have holes drilled for greasing
3) all square sections are thicker than the competition.
4) added stiffened welded bars under channels
5) main bar where the hydraulic cylinders are attached is solid 2” square!
6) all hydraulic NPT connections already have sealant on the threads
7) rubber adapters are very robust

A few caveats!
1) This particular lift only has only 3 lock positions
2) lift must be raised approximately 2 “ off floor before having full lift force
3) still very difficult to move around even with the trolley.
4) HPU only had 2 mounting holes for the electric motor. Had to drill 2 more holes
5) HPU frame had no wheels provided

Mods so far.
1) Added spriral wrap to hydraulic hoses for protection.
2) Added more grease to all pivot points
3) Added a 1/4” hydraulic quick disconnect at the pump side of the HPU so hydraulic hose can be disconnected and can be moved separately
4) added larger stainless M24 washers under M20 bolts at pivot arms
5) bent the lowering arm at vent on HPU for better access
6) added thermal cutout to electrical breaker in HPU switch box.
7) increased length of cable 12 WG with proper IP67 220 Vac euro industrial plug

21 - 38 of 38 Posts