Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Touareg had a vibration and slight pulling to the right. The VW service department did a wheel balance and alignment under warranty at 8,000 miles. (Tire rotation is not covered).

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the scanned printout. I am sure that will help out a lot of others.

My sister had to really put up a fight at the dealership to get a re-alignment at 2,000 miles under warranty on her V-6. The Reno, NV dealership told her it was a safety feature that the car pulls hard to the right. They wanted her to pay for it but after multiple calls to VWOA and a lot of hassle it was taken care of.

· Registered
134 Posts
Interesting that the camber was a mere quarter degree off in the direction that would cause a pull to the right, yet the car was evidently quite sensitive to that.

The car is still aligned with a tendency to pull slightly right, assuming equal side-to-side weight distribution, so it will be interesting to see if you still see that tendency on the road.

I would assume that the tech would have gone slightly the other way to compensate for road crown (you are in the US, right?) to eliminate any pulling tendency at all.

Could you report your results so we can begin to establish a baseline of how individual trucks feel with certain settings? It would be useful to know this when/if our own trucks develop the same problem-- then we could be very specific to the alignment techs indeed!

Thanks,

-Will

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The most notable improvement is that the car turns easier - much nicer. Yes, you are correct - the car still pulls to the right but more gradually.

The service guy did not notify me that he was doing the alignment. I probably would reviewed the alignment specs that Spockcat posted if I had known. I read that if the machine is not calibrated often, it won't be precise anyway.

At least, it is an improvement!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.