Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HKOffroad Kratos Jeep tire carrier is what I want for my Touareg. Has anyone here seen this before?
I'm about to buy it and modify it for my 2016 facelifted lux.
I wish there was something like this from Eurowise or Forge. I want an integrated tire carrier on the hatch.

I had and idea of using the two license plate bolt holes and the rear wiper bolt hole as the 3 mounting points for a carrier without drilling more holes. Do yall think it's possible?

Check this out anyway...

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s what I am doing. My BIL is a welder and I have designed a custom hitch attachment to swing down for access. I think he put me on the back burner but I will post pictures once the setup is here and installed. I designed it to still be able to see the license plate and use the rear camera.
Interested to see that. I would use a swing down hitch carrier IF it can hold the tire very close to the rear hatch.

I don't like the tire being straight up and down with a big gap between the tire and hatch.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just found this. I sent an email to them for more info.

This appears to mount to the body hitch mounts left and right behind the bumper cover. And then the bottom brackets bring it up. This is the type of strength I'm looking for as opposed to hitch mounted system.

Has anyone else ever seen another spare carrier that mounts to the body mounts?
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Having Daniel at Rigid-Armor modify their subaru outback hitch carrier for the Touareg. Decided to go least expensive until I can find an integrated tubular bumpe and carrier later.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts