Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am just looking to buy a Touareg early next year. When I googled about Touareg, new Touareg will be released next year and I saw someone posted that he bought one in USA already which is bigger and 7 seaters.
Does anyone know when the new Touareg will be released in Australia? Also specs and prices??
Thanks.
Kay

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
The VW 7-seater referred to, is not a Touareg but the Atlas, which is an XXL oversize version of the new Tiguan - allegedly only for US and China and based on the transverse-engine MQB platform.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
^^^ x2.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Reviving an old thread, but a stealer told me last week that there will be an AU 2018 MY Touareg on the existing platform and that AU will see a new design for MY19 after they release the new Cayenne
This begs the question, will they use a new engine for MY18 to revive flagging sales and allow them to drop the V8 ?

thoughts ?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
That seems odd.

Why would VW send two different bodyshells down the line and one of them is for a very small right hand drive market?

Doesn't make sense.

Best to wait and see what happens late summer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Reviving an old thread, but a stealer told me last week that there will be an AU 2018 MY Touareg on the existing platform and that AU will see a new design for MY19 after they release the new Cayenne
This begs the question, will they use a new engine for MY18 to revive flagging sales and allow them to drop the V8 ?

thoughts ?
The MY18 will be out the 2nd half of 2017 so Aug/Sep in dealerships. The same vehicle currently getting around with a few extra maybe. You will find no new build dated 2018 models as we will get a heap of the them, much like the change over with the Tiguan where VW stocked up to last until the 2nd generation version was released.
The MY19 will be released 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2018 so this will be the MLB platform, there fore the new design.
As for engine changes in the current model, can't see why. The V8 TDI is still being produced but VW Australia may drop it due to low sales or keeping options limited.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So the Wolfsburgs are all discounted now and cheaper than v6 with driver assist.
My price target is about 82 plus the towbar…
Difficult to know how much they will discount the my17's or even the my18's as it's a very old truck now.
Plain Jane MY16's are back into the 70's
The demo V8's are back into the 90's but also look very plain and dated on the lot

Mi_Eg runs out of warranty in sept and had planned to sell it with a few months remaining as sweetener..
A one owner t2tdi with under 70k… shouldn't be too hard to re home:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts