Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Just got the new 2017 - own it for two days now - drives and handles awesome :)

Was hoping to run by the community and get some feedback on what it seem like the backseat pockets to be missing (the vehicle was sold as new and it had 32KM on it), according to the specs it's part of the base package. I did notify the dealership and they are looking into it - question is, would the dealership be able to attach the backseat pockets as if it was done by the manufacturer at the assembly plant?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
All part of VW's "de-feature" campaign for the Touareg.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Looks up at the sky and yells "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"No VW. No. Not another round of Touareg de-contenting. No!"

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
That's pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
In the US, the Sport doesn't get the pockets. The Lux and Exec do get them. Looking at my '16 Lux, the pockets seem to be like a clipped-on appendage to the seat backs. That implies precisely located holes or slots in the seat backs.

EDIT: It's possible the feature changed here for MY 2017, given that the Lux is now the Wolfsburg Edition.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Why on earth would you want to spoil the clean lines of those good looking seats with ugly map pockets as they used to be called and now not required if you have ****NAV?

If you want your seats buggered up by your dealer, go ahead, but I suspect you'll be told "VW can change the spec on any car at any time so like it or lump it . . . Sir!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess It's not big deal, especially it seem like these pockets aren't as useful - but I thought the pockets give a certain feel to the interior design :)

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Agree that the pockets add a design touch, especially the mesh ones in the Touareg... those look better than the ones in the Cayenne. Style counts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts