Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, VW will be replacing my 15 one of these days (I hope-it's a long story but they committed to replacing when they come available again) and I am still going back and forth on color. My 15 is black and looks killer but we all know black is a pain in the butt especially in a climate like Chicago but it looks great when clean. This would be an Exec model TDI (if they ever release them again for sale lol). Black interior on any of the 3 colors is my choice.

I am considering Black again, Canyon grey or Dark Flint grey. Does anyone have a Dark Flint treg and can you tell me if the color is really a neutral dark grey? Some of the photos have a kind of brownish hue to them and I cant find one to see in person. Any opinions on these 3 colors are welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Canyon Gray. The flint is very dark, looks good but will be a pain like the black. My $0.02

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
White.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Black Oak Brown Metallic. Looks GREY when overcast, BROWN in the sun and BLACK at sunset. It also stays cleaner longer than most dark colours.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My wife has a 2015 VW GLI in the Platinum Gray color which is basically the Flint gray. I seriously considered that color since I think it looks classy, but didn't get it since my wife has a dark grey vehicle and I did not want the same color. My son has a 2008 BMW 335i in a Canyon gray color and I loved the Canyon Gray Touareg, but again did not want the same basic color as my son's BMW.

My 2012 TDI Sport was White w/black interior so I opted for the same color combo again. And moved my 20" Executive wheels over from the 2012 that I had added as well. Went with a 20% ceramic nano tint as well on the windows also. I love the look, but I love both the Flint and Canyon gray, though I kind of like the Canyon Gray more since it is unique.

If you google those two colors it will generally pull a lot of images:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=2016+flint+gray+touareg+images

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=2016+canyon+gray+touareg+images

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wifes car is white so that is out. thanks all for the feedback guys. either sticking with black or going to Canyon Gray. seen more of those photos has me leaning toward Canyon grey although similar to my last ride MDX whcih was grey too

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Black, looks good and wears well plus I like that wood that comes with the black. Was thinking about the Terracotta but kind of don't like it as much on grey or black, looks sweet on a white car.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Terracotta is nice, especially now that the dash and trim is still anthracite. The brown dash and trim is now only for the corn silk beige.

In Europe, the Terracotta color still uses the the black door switches with the Terracotta insert, etc., which is good as it's a little less brown.

I was just on VW.de and the Exclusive seats look great as its just the seating surfaces that are brown. Then there the Executive trim seats on the German version...Wow! That's stuff we'll never see here.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
As much as I like terracotta, I avoided it on my 13 because the dash and everything else was brown/beige. I loove the terracotta seats with black everything else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the terra cotta colored seats on my dark blue ‘15 TDI. Everything else but the wood trim is black. I liked it when I got it, but I love it now! Lots of compliments, too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I feel your pain! we only considered a black interior too and that meant either Dark Flint Grey or Titanium Silver. Sadly neither were available to view in the flesh so we had to go off photos and internet searches which was tough. My first choice was dark flint grey (would have taken Canyon grey in a hart beat) but settled on the Titanium Silver. A little worried this will be a little different in person to the photos but getting excited as it arrives on Wednesday all going well!

Hi all, VW will be replacing my 15 one of these days (I hope-it's a long story but they committed to replacing when they come available again) and I am still going back and forth on color. My 15 is black and looks killer but we all know black is a pain in the butt especially in a climate like Chicago but it looks great when clean. This would be an Exec model TDI (if they ever release them again for sale lol). Black interior on any of the 3 colors is my choice.

I am considering Black again, Canyon grey or Dark Flint grey. Does anyone have a Dark Flint treg and can you tell me if the color is really a neutral dark grey? Some of the photos have a kind of brownish hue to them and I cant find one to see in person. Any opinions on these 3 colors are welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good luck, post some pics when you get it. i am on hold for now as VW is dragging their feet amd pressuring me for buyback for to take a gasser which isnt happening.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts