Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its starting to get cold here in the northeastern U.S. Time to put the 20" nokians away to hibernate. I figured I'd share my winter set up, I went with a 245-70-17 (30.6" tall) tire on 17" cayenne wheels. I wanted to do 265-65-17 but figured a little narrower would be better in winter conditions. The tires I picked are Firestone destination A/Ts. They seem to have excellent reviews and are popular with some jeeps guys I know. Off the bat the truck feels more soft over bumps, but also in turn feels soft in the corners. It's a lot more comfortable, quite and road noise is non existent, I do have a pesky vibration but that's probably do to not having them road forced balanced yet. As time goes on and mileage goes up I'll be back with an update

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an all season, all terrain tire capable of mud and snow. It's not a dedicated "winter only" tire, if that's what your asking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Love my Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snows, but they don't usually get near my car until late December at the earliest. But ya, Runz12s, the ride is a lot different!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya! I try to wait until at least December to put winter wheels on, but my 20" wheels have tires that are spring/summer only. It got cold here quick

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just switched from summer set-up (Mallorys with original equipment Pirelli 275/45/20) to winter config (Manhattans with Blizzak DM-V2 255/55/18 ). First winter with my Treg. Last ride was a 2004 Passat GLX 4motion wagon. Also noticed softer ride and slightly lower stance. Excited for first substantial snow in RI.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Its starting to get cold here in the northeastern U.S. Time to put the 20" nokians away to hibernate. I figured I'd share my winter set up, I went with a 245-70-17 (30.6" tall) tire on 17" cayenne wheels. I wanted to do 265-65-17 but figured a little narrower would be better in winter conditions. The tires I picked are Firestone destination A/Ts. They seem to have excellent reviews and are popular with some jeeps guys I know. Off the bat the truck feels more soft over bumps, but also in turn feels soft in the corners. It's a lot more comfortable, quite and road noise is non existent, I do have a pesky vibration but that's probably do to not having them road forced balanced yet. As time goes on and mileage goes up I'll be back with an update
Welcome to more sidewall... :surprise:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts