Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,344 Posts
It's the European model - was purchased by a military officer in Germany. Have all of the service records (in German :LOL:). I am keeping my fingers crossed for timing chain longevity. Thus far - I get a little less than that average 14-17. I don't know about the side covers - but it looks like a super secret machine when I pop the bonnet up. You would almost think there weren't any moving parts. hahaha.
I have the same engine and year. Those covers were removed later on I guess because of heat retention. I’ll have to dig that info from where I read it. Lots of learning material waiting for you get the key done properly and don’t try the vcds way as you need a prepped transponder chip before programming the new key. Don’t buy used keys as they can’t be reprogrammed. Do it at a local locksmith with the proper machine to clone the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,344 Posts
Definitely find a shop who can do it and get some spare clips and plastic parts that the guy is going to bust. I will try this myself some day. For the moment I held it with some pins on aliexpress.

US $6.27 27% Off | Car Roof Headliner Repair Kit Roof Snap Pins Retainer Car Roof Buckles Car Interior Ceiling Fixing Screw Roof Snap Retainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.