Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My frustration is, I can't seem to figure out the correct part number. I've got a URs6, I'm used to not being able to get parts, but 4 freaking part numbers that fit in the diagram for the same piece! Cmon.

I've got a '04 V8. Need the vacuum line that plugs into the back of the intake. 7L6611918_ B,D,G or H?

How am I supposed to know the difference?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a link to realoem showing the 4 parts, but lerking doesn't actually count as posting. So, I'll get there in a few posts.

Note to mods: I love the amount of lerking you can do before ever signing up for an account. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Do they all look the same? My experience in looking for parts is that higher the letter at the end of the #, i.e. B versus H, H would be the newest version of the part. The only way to be absolutely sure is to remove part,take it to the dealer, get the part # and price and then shop online for the best deal.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As above, the part starts off with no suffix letter.

The letters are added as the part design changes or there is a change of manufacturer. The part should still fit regardless of the suffix letter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have you tried calling the dealership and talking with a parts guy? There are a lot of diagrams missing form all the online parts suppliers and even on the VW.com parts look up page.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts