Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just a thought here, the V10 has 2 batteries, one under the seat and one under the temp spare in the rear. Are you sure the battery that was not replaced is not bad as well?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here are the specs for the Diehard I installed when away from home. Figured it was the best possible chance for a warranty back home.
Product Specifications Dimensions:

• Item Weight (lbs.):
  • Length (in.):
  • Group Size:
  • Height (in.):
Power Ratings:

• Cold Cranking Amps (CCA at 0 deg.F):
  • Reserve Capacity (RC):
Design & Construction:

• Container Material:
    Polypropylene (PP)
  • Overall Type:
    Deep-cycle
  • Temperate Zone:
    All climates
  • Terminal Post Location:
  • Battery Grade:
    DieHard Gold
  • Maintenance:
    Maintenance Free
  • Positive Terminal Side:
    Right
  • Battery Design:
    Absorbed Glass Mat
Warranties & Coverage:

• Free Replacement Warranty Term:
    36 months
In the future if you have a low battery condition you can turn the key to the left for a few seconds and that will engage a relay that ties both batteries together temporarily, giving you the best chance of getting cranked.

Check out a thread titled Compilation Of Posted "Touareg Secrets"
if you have not already.

·
Registered
198 Posts
On both the 2006 and 2007 there has never been an issue with the order the batteries were connected or disconnected. There are many opinions on sources for batteries and OEM batteries are generally much more expensive and no one has been able to show any advantage. This is the case with most German cars. My front battery is from Auto Zone, it is the best they have and it is the proper spec. Here's hoping the Happy Wagon fires right up!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Living in Southern CA it just occurred to me that many in cold climates add a fuel supplement specific to diesel fuel such as Power Service in the white container. Not sure how cold it needs to be to effect the fuel.
I understand it cranks but will not start?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.