Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a T1 V10 TDI. My rear camera was working properly and at one point when I put on reverse the image started to flicker and come black. now when I put on reverse nothing happen and my radio screen stay the same. Can someone help me and guide me to fix this issue. I scanned the back-up camera and here the fault code I have:

Address 6C: Back-up Cam. Labels: 5N0-907-441.clb
Part No SW: 7L6 907 441 HW: 7L6 907 441
Component: J772__Rearview 0051
Revision: 00H07000 Serial number: PA8 J620446
Coding: 0000101
Shop #: WSC 31414 000 00000
VCID: 72E02B6E6E4440AE5B-501C

2 Faults Found:
02203 - Audio / Video Input 1
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 4
Reset counter: 83
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
Term 15 On
Reverse OFF
Count: 3

02203 - Audio / Video Input 1
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 4
Reset counter: 83
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
Term 15 On
Reverse OFF
Count: 3

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue. Open the tailgate and check the wire bundle that runs along the hinge on top. I think the wires are on the left hinge and the windshield washer fluid hose is on the right hinge.

Do you have Parking Sensors too? Do they come on?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a wiring issue. Open the tailgate and check the wire bundle that runs along the hinge on top. I think the wires are on the left hinge and the windshield washer fluid hose is on the right hinge.

Do you have Parking Sensors too? Do they come on?
Yes I do have parking sensors and they work fine. VW dealer replace the tailgate under warranty and they look at the wiring while they replace it. They told me wiring was fine. I removed all the tailgate finition and look at the wiring even tried the camera from my 2nd Touareg and same issue. could it be the module?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Looks to me like a broken wire too. The camera module is on the rear passenger side behind the plastic of trunk area. If you pop off the top trim the is the entire width of the car and about 6 inches wide, then pop off the trim that goes down the D pillar, then there is one phillips screw in the hole area where the cargo cover hooks too (while extended) you can get in there and see the wiring that goes from the camera module to the back tailgate area. I also think it's a broken wire based on your scan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks to me like a broken wire too. The camera module is on the rear passenger side behind the plastic of trunk area. If you pop off the top trim the is the entire width of the car and about 6 inches wide, then pop off the trim that goes down the D pillar, then there is one phillips screw in the hole area where the cargo cover hooks too (while extended) you can get in there and see the wiring that goes from the camera module to the back tailgate area. I also think it's a broken wire based on your scan.

Thanks I will remove the trim and look at the continuity from control unit to the camera and I'll keep you posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.