Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't worry guys and gals, I think I did a sufficient search but still have questions...I'd like more sound out of my exhaust (V8 FSI). I don't expect more performance but if I get that then great! I've heard many sound clips and I like the sound of the pro xs from borla. Someone here in a white Touareg has duals of these and they sounded great! Think I'll stay away from flow masters and magnaflows because they sound too raspy.

But from reading other threads (this forum and other non Touareg forums) I'm wondering how the dynomax ultra flo X will sound when just replacing the mid h pipe or silencer. I haven't heard a sound clip of that on the Touareg. It's basically an X pipe so should serve the same function as the stock h pipe? In thinking keeping the rear suitcase may be good too since it kind of helps you slide off obstacles in an off road situation. If the sound is not sufficient maybe I'll delete the suitcase after the ultraflo X.

Do you guys know which is more restrictive as far as sound and flow goes? The stock h pipe or the rear suitcase? Maybe that will help me make a decision of doing one or the other.

Thanks any input is welcome!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
This white Touareg?

If you want more sound you need to remove your secondary cats. I installed secondary cat bypass pipes and a custom dual stainless steel exhaust.

Metalworking hand tool Machine tool Tool Metal

Auto part Automotive exhaust Pipe Exhaust system Muffler

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just wait for your flex pipe to go. Lexart's V8 sounds great...but I think his wife is going to make him fix it. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I also owned a T1 V8 and modified the exhaust. It sounded pretty good. A V8 FSI sounds much different than the earlier V8's.

Where in Utah do you live?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also owned a T1 V8 and modified the exhaust. It sounded pretty good. A V8 FSI sounds much different than the earlier V8's. Where in Utah do you live? .
Ogden area, ridiculous winds here last night. Where you at in UT?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perry why do you not have a build thread for your T2!! We all want to know how to maximize our v8's.
Yea i read a few of Perry's ecu tunes. Now I gotta save up for that! Hey Perry, what did you notice different in your shifts with your tune? I had a slight jerk between 1 and 2 that's cleaned up quite a bit but still doesn't feel great sometimes.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Ogden area, ridiculous winds here last night. Where you at in UT?
I live mostly in Hawaii but own a home in Eden in the Ogden Valley. I was there for half of January and most of March skiing PowMow and Basin. There is another forum member that lives in Eden, he owns a 2007 V8 FSI.

I plan on shipping my Touareg there in 2018 because it will be better suited for winter weather then Hawaii.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea he's helped me out quite a bit on this forum. One day all us utahns will have to do a meet or something.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like my Magnaflow where its at, replacing the center resonator. My exhaust didn't get raspy until I removed the secondary cats. I will eventually put a pair of resonator is, somewhere after the Magnaflow. But right now I'm focusing on buying this soon...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha don't worry grifnqest, definitely didn't miss your thread, it was a good read. However, I was disappointed when your first video link didn't work because that's similar to what I want to try out first, just a muffler to replace the mid h pipe. Except yours I think was magnaflow and I was going to try dynomax ultra flo X. Maybe the link doesn't work because of my phone?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I hear ya on that Perry... but at the time, $200 to cut out the cats and weld in some straight pipes looked pretty good.

I think he wants another $200 to toss in some resonators. So I think I may still be in for cheaper than the sexy Leistung bypass pipes you got.

As far as the link... it works for me. So maybe when you get to a computer...?

If it still fails, let me know... I'll send you a copy of the file.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like my Magnaflow where its at, replacing the center resonator. My exhaust didn't get raspy until I removed the secondary cats. I will eventually put a pair of resonator is, somewhere after the Magnaflow. But right now I'm focusing on buying this soon... http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Grifnsqest/media/K1200S/k1200s1.jpg.html
You might want to consider a K1300S instead. Significant engine improvements, and they worked out most of the bugs from the K1200S.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
In addition to a better sounding motor, deleting the secondary cats really lets the motor breathe better. The cats are very restrictive.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I hear ya on that Perry... but at the time, $200 to cut out the cats and weld in some straight pipes looked pretty good. I think he wants another $200 to toss in some resonators. So I think I may still be in for cheaper than the sexy Leistung bypass pipes you got.
Yea, you definitely got the most bang for your buck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts