Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've been a longtime admirer of the TDI Touareg. I have 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI that I have loved since new. It has been superbly reliable and fun to drive. I just test drove a 2015 Touareg TDI that I fell in love with. It has 112,000 miles on it. Aesthetically it is in excellent shape inside and out, drives great, tight, no rattles or the like. Price is about $25k. So, my question is what can I expect from this motor if I intended to put another 50 or 75k on it? What repairs should I expect to make in the next 50-75k miles? Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance the group can provide!

·
Registered
2016 TDI Lux, white with beige interior
280 Posts
I have a 2015 TDI Sportwagen and a 2016 Touareg TDI Lux. Both have been really great vehicles for me. On the TDI, check that dieslegate warranty. My only faults with the T'Reg have been the heater/sensor in the DEF tank needing to be replaced. If you're in a state where you can remove the DEF system after the warranty, that would be moot. Also, if you can, check the oil change maintenance. Check these threads to listen for cam chain guides noise at startup. If you have access to it run a scan. Others will give you good advice as well.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If I am interpreting the below correctly, I would have AT LEAST until 2025 or 120,000 miles for a 2015 Touareg. Am I correct?

View attachment 251476
It depends on when it was 'fixed' ...you should have at least to 120k...but if it was done less than 4 years ago or less than 48k miles again you would have the balance of that 4yr 48k.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
It depends on when it was 'fixed' ...you should have at least to 120k...but if it was done less than 4 years ago or less than 48k miles again you would have the balance of that 4yr 48k.
Yep, this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts