Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing 2014-15 Touareg TDI, and need opinions of estimated annual repair expenses (I know it varies by experience) for the Treg. For comparison my 12 year old MDX has cost me about $1,000 per year over past 5 years. I am assuming the Treg will be more per year but unsure. I do have a VW mechanic who would handle maintenance & repairs vs dealership. So any opinions what i shouldnanticipate for years 5-10 on this vehicle?

Appreciate your comments.

Steve in Atlanta

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It all comes down to how mechanically inclined or tech savy you are......
I have a "new to me" '14 that I don't anticipate to cost me anywhere near 1k\year in maintenance. (obviously, if you get one that needs everything replaced off the start, you'll have different results - read tires, wipers, brakes, filters, etc)
I'd expect costs such as $130-150 oil\filter changes (2x a year)
A set of tires once every 3 years (~$1200-1500)
A set of brakes once every 3-4 years ($~$800-2000)
A battery every 5 years (~$300)
Maybe $100 worth of DEF fluid a year

Other than that, it will be random stuff, and you can add all sorts of other things if you start getting into all the fluid flushes, all the filter replacements, etc. Pretty much all the powertrain\emissions stuff should be covered under warranty for the next 4 years, so it should only be regular maintenance costs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Steve, I bought a 2015 Execline Diesel summer 2018 and other than oil changes that is all it has needed. 50,000 miles on it. If you have the option of getting an extended warranty I would recommend it because I am currently having issues with my power windows and of course it is happening with my warranty recently expiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Benitto
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing