Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are plenty of cars/suv's available today that have supercharged engines but they are all quite expensive. Since I already like my T1 Touareg, I am open to installing a supercharger on it for a small, but noticable, boost. I searched and read a few posts here about superchargers by PES Tuning and JH Motorsports. Has anyone tried those on their non-FSI V8's? Are there more options that Treggies have had good experience with? Thanks.

Note: With a V8 engine, I think a supercharger makes a lot more sense than a turbocharger. But which one to go for?

·
Registered
314 Posts
The only one's I've seen people talk about having, those people were over-seas. Europe, Australia, etc...

PES is way too far removed from anything current. Even if you got your hands on the hardware, you tune would be a crap shoot.

Your best best is to make friends with JHM (or a local dealer of theirs) so that you can get your hands on not only the hardware, but the software support as well. Keep in mind, everything hardware wise would still need some custom tweaking. Their kits are built around the B6 S4 4.2 motor, that would be closest to your V8. So the plumbing around the frame rail, intake piping, coolant lines, etc... all would need to be reworked in one way or another. The key is the supercharger itself, and their custom cut mounting bracket for the supercharger and associated pulleys. That's what you are paying the pretty penny for.

Keep you eyes out on classified ads in various Audi/VW forums for a used kit. If you can get your hands on the bracket, that's the key to moving forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts