Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Touareg owners,

Would it be any value to you to be able to purchase your Navigation Software updates through your local VW dealer network or a large retail PC chain?

Currently it is apparent that all updates and or initial CD/DVD's are being fulfilled by Navteq directly and not very accessable.

My company is investigating an on demand solution to distribution of the updates so any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Working with Navteq now and so far it's been positive to allow anyone with a Navteq software driven system to walk into a "big box" retail computer chain and walk out with the Nav updates. With this alignment you would also be able to take advantage of discounts, coupons and gift cards for you purchase. Also, the "on demand" solution would allow for quicker fullfillment as well as receiving the latest version without having to hold inventory. This would also be true if these were made available on demand at you VW dealer network.

· Registered
22 Posts
If your already in contact with NavTeq, any news on when the updates for our Nav will be out, and what will be included?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am an OEM solution provider, so my only discussions to date have been focused on distribution and fullfillment across the manufacturer's line that they provide their software for. At this time I would be talking out of my @ss to provide you with any info on the current update initiative at Navteq regarding our TReg. I have found a great resource with Touareg owners and would like to tap in to your thoughts as to this solution that I am working with Navteq on.

· Registered
22 Posts
For my money, whether I order from them, or go to the dealer/store to pick it up is all the same as far as convenience is concerned. Afterall, this isnt something that we do every day (at best, its once a year).

The biggest factor here would be price. If you can drive the cost down since NavTeq no longer need to act as a fulfillment house and they can focus on their experties, thats dandy!

When you say "on demand" you mean a pay per use/subscription type thing? Allowing us perhaps to only buy the update for our region but "borrow" an update for another region if we're on a road trip or something like that?

· Registered
8 Posts
I think that it is a good idea. Alternatives are usually better for the end user.

I wrote to Navtech last week because I am accustomed to the Garmin display that shows all of the cross streets. Their response was that the data is there but “your system manufacturer or developer” provides the display. I have no idea who that is. I thought it was Navtech. If there is no demand or competition, the display will not improve. My point is not directly related to your query, but may be at a later time.

Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.