Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Naviplus on their Touareg? A company out of Australia that sells units that plug into your existing wiring to make the RNS-850 work with Android Auto and Apple Car Play.

I'd love to be able to get it working on my car, but I am too chicken to go first. I emailed the seller and he responds almost immediately.. he provided me with some videos of it working as well as the installation instructions if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am also interested in this, but it´s way to expensive for a box and a cable.

There are other alternatives for the Audi MMI, so I expect more sellers will pop up soon. As the MMI 3GP or + is pretty much the same as the RNS850.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi tdub. Very interested to have the installation manual! I just ordered the module for my ‘12 Touareg... If it seems too complicated I may cancel my order...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you private message me your email I will send it to you. For some reason I cannot seem to attach a PDF. The instructions are only 13 pages... Doesn't seem too complicated. Are you located in the US?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you private message me your email I will send it to you. For some reason I cannot seem to attach a PDF. The instructions are only 13 pages... Doesn't seem too complicated. Are you located in the US?

I am interested to see the installation manual as well. tdub I will PM you my details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts

PM Sent. I've been wanting to install something very similar but have not been able to find any instructions on how it is installed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you for posting! Very interesting I have a 2012 Hybrid and am interested in knowing how this unit works out for you. Keep us posted. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
NaviPlus

I spoke, via email, with the people from AU. They informed me that it would cost $700 and arrive in 3 days to my office in Utah.

They also sent the installation manual PDF.

I would like to get Android Auto in my vehicle, but at $700 plus installation, not sure.

The installation instructions show a separate IR remote and refer to Touch-Screen calibration.

I don't mind paying for the installation, but until I hear from someone who has already installed it, I don't think I can spend the money on something unproven yet.

At half that price, I would probably have already gotten one. At $500, I would have thought a bit harder, but probably bit the bullet after going the rounds with myself. At $700, I need confirmation.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently contacted Naviplus as well. I had started another thread a few days ago since I lost hands-free phone functionality after upgrading to an iPhone 8 and I reached out to the forum for options on 3rd party hardware to remedy the situation. I like CarPlay quiet a bit as I have the functionality in my 2016 Golf R.

I will most likely buy the unit in a few weeks after returning from an out of town trip. I will be happy to post updates after the install on my 2012 Touareg.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently contacted Naviplus as well. I had started another thread a few days ago since I lost hands-free phone functionality after upgrading to an iPhone 8 and I reached out to the forum for options on 3rd party hardware to remedy the situation. I like CarPlay quiet a bit as I have the functionality in my 2016 Golf R.

I will most likely buy the unit in a few weeks after returning from an out of town trip. I will be happy to post updates after the install on my 2012 Touareg.

@hajihadabone - you should try updating your RNS firmware to restore the iPhone 8 functionality. My newer phones are working correctly now (finally).

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/rns850-v711-update-for-my2011-2013-a-100865-145.html

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know it's only been a couple of weeks but has anyone had success having this installed and working?

Thanks.

-David

1 - 20 of 61 Posts