Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a '12 V6TDI with the RNS 850 navigation. It recently developed a problem whereby it will not recognise the cars current position. It puts its current position as 30km off the coast of WA at an altitude of 487m when it should be 30km inland and an altitude of 102m. Obviously with such a reading it makes the rest of the navigation useless. We told the local VW agent about this at its most recent service but somehow the technician re need that it was working fine. Do we take it back to them or who do we take it to in WA to get the problem sorted? I'm keen to hear from anyone who has had a similar problem and how did they resolve it. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,578 Posts
We have a '12 V6TDI with the RNS 850 navigation. It recently developed a problem whereby it will not recognise the cars current position. It puts its current position as 30km off the coast of WA at an altitude of 487m when it should be 30km inland and an altitude of 102m. Obviously with such a reading it makes the rest of the navigation useless. We told the local VW agent about this at its most recent service but somehow the technician re need that it was working fine. Do we take it back to them or who do we take it to in WA to get the problem sorted? I'm keen to hear from anyone who has had a similar problem and how did they resolve it. Thanks
which dealer?...that will explain a lot.

I'm thinking the GPS antenna is kaput...but have not had experience with thye RNS850...so I maybe wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts